We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

google api calendar

Is it possible to make the sfCalendar on the Xamarin.Forms or Xamarin.Android to be able to show the events I create on my gogole calendar?
I can use the api to create events from google, and all I would like is to just show them in my calendar, however the import function is apparently non-existent since I try creating a new schedule to import my ics and it just says the Schecule is missing a reference but on my nugget packages I do have reference to syncfusion calendar and schedule.

All of this is made on C# in Visual Studio 2013 with Xamarin Forms up to date

13 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team October 5, 2016 05:07 PM UTC

Hi Andres,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Currently we don't have support to import the events from Google Calendar in both Schedule and Calendar control in Android, iOS platforms. We have provided support for importing the Icf events in Schedule for other platforms earlier and we have forwarded your query to the concern team for implementing in Xamarin platform. We will update the completed details once we get reply from that team.

Query: Schedule is missing the reference

Could you please update the more details that is in which platforms Nuget packages’ reference you have faced this missing reference.

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R.

AA Andres Alejandre October 5, 2016 06:41 PM UTC

I have the Syncfusion.Xamarin.sfCalendar,         Syncfusion.Xamarin.sfCalendar.Android,      Syncfusion.Xamarin.sfSchedule     and   Syncfusion.Xamarin.sfSchedule.Android    nuget packages installed, and on my program I have:

using Syncfusion.SfCalendar.XForms;
using Syncfusion.SfSchedule.XForms;
using Syncfusion.SfSchedule;
using Syncfusion.SfCalendar;

but still when I type 
 Schedule sch = new Schedule();

I get Schedule highlighted on red saying Visual Studio cannot find the type or name for that, asking me if I'm missing a using or a reference

AA Andres Alejandre October 5, 2016 06:46 PM UTC

Also, I found a similar question about 2 years ago, is Syncfusion adding compatibility with google calendar any time soon?

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team October 6, 2016 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Andres,

Currently we don’t have any support to import the events from Google Calandar in Schedule control. We have logged a feature request regarding this in our database. This feature can be implemented in any of our upcoming releases. We will update you once the implementation has done.

Please let us know, if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Sivakumar P

AA Andres Alejandre October 6, 2016 06:52 PM UTC

Thanks a lot, please do keep me posted if any upcoming update does support this, meantime I'll just try and do the conection myself, thanks

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team October 7, 2016 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Andres,

Thank you for the update.

Eventhough we have consider import export support as future request, we would like to provide more information to connected the google events with our schedule control. We will share those informations in two business days(Oct,11,2016).

Please let us know, if you have any query.

Regards,
Sivakumar P

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team October 12, 2016 04:38 AM UTC

Hi Andres, 

We appreciate your patience. 

We are analyzed your requirements of showing events which are created in google calendar, in our SfSchedule control. For that please follow the below procedures to achieve your requirement. 
Configure your application with Google APIs by referring the below documentation,   
In order to get a google calendar events we can have a model class in our application as like below,  
[C#] 
public class GenericEvent 
    {
        public string Title { get; set; }
        public string Location { get; set; }
        public DateTime StartTime { get; set; }
        public DateTime EndTime { get; set; }
    }

So that the collection of google calendar events can be maintained in a list 
[C#] 
  List<GenericEvent> googleEventsCollections = new List<GenericEvent>();  
As Schedule control is having AppointmentMapping feature in it, we are able to map custom data to the control, so in order to map the above model class, please refer the below code snippet, 
[C#] 
//Mapping the custom appointment to the schedule 
ScheduleAppointmentMapping scheduleAppointmentMapping = new ScheduleAppointmentMapping();
            scheduleAppointmentMapping.SubjectMapping = "Title";
            scheduleAppointmentMapping.LocationMapping = "Location";
            scheduleAppointmentMapping.StartTimeMapping = "StartTime";
            scheduleAppointmentMapping.EndTimeMapping = "EndTime";
            schedule.AppointmentMapping = scheduleAppointmentMapping;
            schedule.DataSource = googleEventsCollections;

If the provided solution doesn’t meet you requirement, please revert us back with your query. We are happy to assist you.  

Regards, 
Sivakumar P 

AA Andres Alejandre October 13, 2016 09:05 PM UTC

I am having trouble doing this with my Xamarin forms, since the Android project can make references to the Google Gdata but the Xamarin portable cannot, so the generic class that makes it portable for android and iOS cannot install that nuget package and therefore not have the reference needed to use the google gdata, is this solution only limited to Android or am I doing something wrong with the google Gdata references?
p.s. should you need my project I can attach it in a .zip later on if you need me to
and also thanks for the reply : )

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team October 20, 2016 01:39 PM UTC

Hi Andres,

We appreciate your patience. 

We are analyzing your requirement to retrieve google data in Xamarin Forms, where we have faced the below issue while request the service,
An unhandled exception of type 'Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException' occurred in Google.GData.Client.dll
Additional information: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404
On further analysis, we came across GitHub examples for Xamarin Android and Xamarin iOS, refer here, but not for Xamarin Forms. Currently we are further analyzing with Authenticate App using Azure. Could you progress with the provided information and retrieve data from it. So that those events can be displayed in our Schedule control through the procedure suggested in our earlier update.

Regards,
Sivakumar P

AH Amir H February 14, 2020 08:40 AM UTC

Is there any updates on it?
It’s been nearly 4 years!

KA Karthikraja Arumugam Syncfusion Team February 17, 2020 11:20 AM UTC

Hi Amir, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your requirement and as of now, we have samples to load data form SQLite, JSON and Outlook calendar to Schedule datasource.  

Kindly refer our below KB documentations for the same, 

Please check the documents and let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Karthik Raja A 

AH Amir H February 21, 2020 06:31 PM UTC

Thanks for your prompt response.

Do you have any ETA when you cna please integrate Google Calendar? 

It's a feature requested by many businesses and can be found even in WordPress plugins

Thank you for your consideration. 

KA Karthikraja Arumugam Syncfusion Team February 24, 2020 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Amir, 

Thank you for the update. 

Google Calendar API is a service we have to integrate it with the Schedule to access the objects, so it cannot be included as a feature within the Schedule itself as it is a service. As of now, we have integrated schedule with Outlook calendar and we have shared the KB link for the same in our previous update. 

We have planned to add a KB document to import and export data from google calendar API into schedule. We will let you know once the KB is published. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Karthik Raja A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon