We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Exception in UWP with Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfChart v14.2.0.32

I have recently implemented SfChart into my current Xamarin.Forms project by installing the NuGet package Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfChart v14.2.0.32. However, an exception occurs when I debug the application on UWP Local Machine (There is no problem in building and deploying):

An exception of type 'System.IO.FileLoadException' occurred in mscorlib.ni.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime, Version=4.0.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

There is no problem debugging on Android (I have not tested on iOS, since I don't have a Mac).

I have created a new, blank Xamarin.Forms project and installed the SFChart NuGet Package and the problem still persists. Note that the blank project consists of nothing but just the line "Welcome to Xamarin Forms!". I have not implemented any charts into the new project.

On the other hand, I tried to install another NuGet package to test. For example, I tested with Syncfusison.Xamarin.SfBarcode v14.2.0.32. The same problem is still there.

What is more interesting is that, when I "downgrade" the installed NuGet package in my current project as well as in the blank project to v14.2.0.28, everything works without a problem. The charts look great :) Same goes to Syncfusison.Xamarin.SfBarcode. It seems like there is a problem with the packages v14.2.0.32...

I have a community license and have installed Essential Studio v14.2.0.32 onto my PC. But since I have already installed the NuGet package, I suppose I don't have to manually add any reference from the Essential Studio installation folder?

I am using Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise and Xamarin.Forms v2.3.2.127.

Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

Thanks!
Tian Eu

3 Replies

SA Santhiya Arulsamy Syncfusion Team September 29, 2016 08:40 AM UTC

Hi Tian,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In the version of 14.2.0.32, we have upgraded NetCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform NuGet version from 5.0.0 to 5.2.2. In order to build the application in 14.2.0.32 version, we have to upgrade your sample UWP application NetCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform Nuget version to 5.2.2.

In our latest main release version 14.3.0.49, we have used v5.0.0 for NetCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform NuGet. So please upgrade our latest release version 14.3.0.49, to resolve the problem (no need to upgrade sample NuGet version).

Thanks,
Santhiya A.

TE Tian Eu Lau September 29, 2016 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Santhiya,

Thanks for the advice. Everything is now working as expected :)

Cheers,
Tian Eu

SA Santhiya Arulsamy Syncfusion Team September 30, 2016 07:11 AM UTC

Hi Tian,

Thanks for the update.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Santhiya A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon