We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Best practices

Whats the most efficient(in terms of developer time) method of using a grid to add/update/delete/show data. For example, lets say I have a typical table with the following fields DateTime, Varchar, LookupValue, Currency. My object layer is not using strongly typed datasets. We are using Active Record Classes(Fowler) with a service layer interface. The service layer will handle all operations for a given entity in our design. This means doing add/update/etc, while the set based methods are just returning DataSets. In the grid, I would want to set column headers, autosize columns, hide certain columns, use different cell types, have combo cells for lookup values. Am I right in assuming using strongly typed DataSets and binding them to a databound grid would the most effective(in terms of developer time) in accomplishing the above requirements. For the past 6 months, in my existing app since I wasn''t using strongly typed datasets, I have used both databound and non databound syncfusion grids. I was curious how others were using the grids effectively. Cheers, JF

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon