We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

ReportDesigner error loading template with filters

Hello,

I am having trouble loading and running an RDL file in the designer that has column filters. When there are no filters everything works fine. When I add a filter to a column (to filter out empty lines) the template works on the designer with no problem. I save it and exit the designer and then open the designer and reload it. Then, the preview throws an unexpected error with the following trace:

StackTrace: 
   at Syncfusion.RDL.Data.ReportModel.GetModel(ReportItem reportItem, Boolean isTablixChild, Boolean isKeepTogether, String dataSetName)
   at Syncfusion.RDL.Data.ReportModel.ParseExpression()

Attached is a sample RDL file that creates this error along with an xls file with sample data.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Attachment: reporting_sample_2c0388fa.zip

3 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 27, 2016 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Stratos, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

In the report which you have shared, the filter value is used as empty which is not a valid value to filter the rows of empty data which lead to the exception. We have to set IsNothing as expression to filter the empty values of row. We have modified your report and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards,   
Vinoth S. 

SG Stratos Geroulis September 27, 2016 12:41 PM UTC

Thank you very much, that makes a lot of sense. The confusing part was that the way I had it setup it was working before you closed the editor and reloaded.

Thanks again!

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 28, 2016 06:29 AM UTC

Hi Stratos, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you need any other assistance.  

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon