We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Could not load type Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Rendering.ModelExpression

I'm following the instructions on pagehttps://help.syncfusion.com/aspnet-core/getting-started
but when I run the application I get the error:

An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to process this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

/Views/_ViewImports.cshtml

Encountered an unexpected error when attempting to resolve tag helper directive '@addTagHelper' with value '*, Syncfusion.EJ'. Error: Could not load type 'Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Rendering.ModelExpression' from assembly 'Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ViewFeatures, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60'.
@addTagHelper "*, Syncfusion.EJ"

I tried adding the following to the project.json file but that didn't help.
"Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ViewFeatures": "1.0.0"

3 Replies

MM Manikandan Mariappan Syncfusion Team September 13, 2016 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Ray,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.   

Query: Could not load type 'Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Rendering.ModelExpression   

The reported issue was raised in your application with Visual Studio 2015 Update3 and DotNetCore 1.0 Preview2 in your local machine, also our Essential Studio version before (14.2.X.X) the volume 2 release that you have used. But we have provided the support to this combination from our Volume2 main release (14.2.0.26) only, rolled out in July, 2016.   
So, please utilize our latest Essential Studio build (14.2.0.32) to resolve your reported issue. The latest Essential Studio build available in the following link.   
If you still face any issues, while creating ASP.NET Core sample, please update us the replication procedure or share screenshots. This would be more helpful for us to provide the exact solution at the earliest.   

Regards,   
Manikandan Mariappan  

PB Paul Burger September 30, 2016 01:57 PM UTC

I just installed the latest version of Essential Studio (14.3.0.49) but I still get the error

An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to process this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

/Views/_ViewImports.cshtml

• Encountered an unexpected error when attempting to resolve tag helper directive '@addTagHelper' with value '*, Syncfusion.Ej'. Error: Could not load type 'Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Rendering.ModelExpression' from assembly 'Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.ViewFeatures, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60'.

1. @addTagHelper *, Syncfusion.Ej

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team October 3, 2016 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Ray,    

Query: Could not load type 'Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Rendering.ModelExpression   
System Requirements: 

To work with ASP.NET Core 1.0.1, you need to make sure is whether you have installed the following software on your machine 

1.      Visual Studio 2015 Update 3. 
2.      DotNetCore 1.0.1 (Preview 2). 

#1) The reported may occurs if you have referred the online feeds other than the below online feeds. Please ensure that you have referred this two online feeds and no other local packages in your application. 

#2) Also ensure that you have installed VS2015 and ASP.NET Core Preview 2 in your machine.  

If still issue persists, please share the project ‘References’ section in expanded view, also share the complete results of output window when restore the packages. This will be helpful for us to analyze and provide a solution at the earliest. 

Regards,    
Sureshkumar P   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon