We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Spreadsheet control for Forms / Android / IOS

Does Syncfusion offer a spreadsheet control that can be used on Xamarin.Forms / Android / IOS? I see there's a data grid control that can be used, and that there are javascript controls for windows etc, but have been unable to find a control that looks as though it can be easily plugged in to a Forms project.

Essentially I'm trying to build an app that works with an industry standard spreadsheet setup, and allows creation / manipulation of said sheet on a mobile device. I have not found a control yet that is able to display a grid and input/output xlsx. 

The needs list includes:
- Able to import XLSX
- Able to export XLSX
- Datagrid style display 
- Able to select cells and modify content via other controls - eg buttons.

Thanks for any pointers in the right direction, or alternate ideas as to how to approach.

5 Replies

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team April 25, 2016 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Simon Webster,    
Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.   
We regret to let you know that currently we do not have support for Spreadsheet control in Xamarin.Forms/Android /iOS platforms. However, we have added it to our Feature request list and it will be implemented in one of the upcoming releases.     
Regards   
Kanimozhi B. 

SW Simon Webster September 8, 2016 06:13 AM UTC

Hi, has this changed at all? I'm still on the lookout for a grid that can handle xls / xlsx files

DS Divakar Subramaniam Syncfusion Team September 9, 2016 03:12 PM UTC

Hi Simon, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

You can export SfDataGrid to excel by using our “SfGridConverter” library. TheDataGridExcelExportingController.ExportToExcel” method will export the grid to an Excel. We have prepared a sample to export the grid to Excel for your reference and you can download the same from the below link. 

Please our below UG link for more details about exporting a grid to an Excel. 

For importing data from excel sheet, you can convert the excel sheet to DataTable using our XlsIO control and bind that DataTable to our SfDataGrid. However, DataTable support for Xamarin.Android will be available in our upcoming Volume 3 main release which is scheduled to be rolled out by the end of September.  

Please refer the below link to know how to convert the excel sheet to DataTable using XlsIO. 

For more information about our XlsIO control and its usages, you can refer the below link. 

Regards, 
Divakar. 

TK Thomas Klocker June 13, 2017 06:41 AM UTC

Hi Divakar,

i just wanted to ask if there are an news if the Spreadsheet control will be also available for xamarin forms in one of the future releases?
It would be awesome to have it also for xamarin forms on iOS / Android / UWP.

Thanks for your answer

Regards
Thomas

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team June 14, 2017 03:57 AM UTC

Hi Simon,  

We have already added Spreadsheet control support in Xamarin.Forms platforms in our feature list. A support incident to track the status of this issue has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Regards,  
Ashok  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon