We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

VS 2012 and VS 2013 Express Toolbox Configuration

Good Day,

I just want to ask to can i add the syncfusion toolbox in visual studio 2012 updated 5 and visual studio 2013 Express using the Toolbox Installer. As you can see in the picture The Toolbox installer doesn't detect the vs 2012. I read in the forum that toolbox installer doesn't support visual studio express and need to manually add it. i tried but still it doesn't work. I'm using a Essential Studio Version 13.1.0.21. Hope you can help me with my problem. Thank You And God Bless. More power to Syncfusion You Guys Rock.

Attachment: Syncfusion_Toolbox_Installer_Image_75d59de0.zip

1 Reply

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team September 12, 2016 12:31 PM UTC

Hi John,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Please find the following responses for your queries.

Q1) can i add the syncfusion toolbox in visual studio 2012 updated 5 and visual studio 2013 Express using the Toolbox Installer.

A1) No, Toolbox configuration support is not available for the Visual Studio Express Edition. However, you can manually configure the Syncfusion controls into the Visual Studio Express Toolbox. Please follow the steps suggested in the following documentation link for Manual Toolbox configuration.

http://help.syncfusion.com/common/faq/how-to-configure-the-toolbox-of-visual-studio-manually  

Q2) i tried but still it doesn't work

A2) We are unable to reproduce the reported issue. We are able to add Syncfusion controls manually to the Visual Studio toolbox. Could you please try again by following the steps suggested in the above documentation link?

If you still face any issues, please share us the following details. It would be much helpful for us to analyze the reported issue.

1. Screen shot of the issue if any.

2. Screen shot of the entire Visual Studio Express with Toolbox.

3. Platform(ASP.NET, WPF etc…) you are using and the Syncfusion controls you tried adding to the Visual Studio Express toolbox

4. Video explaining the steps you followed for manual toolbox configuration.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon