We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ChartTrackballBehavior and Data Loading

Hi,

I have two questions. 

1) I am trying to add a ChartTrackballBehavior but it does not seems to display,  I have only one series.  Is it due to that?  
2) The series that I have consists of datetime and an integer value (the record is stored in SQLite which has a frequency every 5 minutes) .   I am loading the value for 24 hours duration.  It would take around 2-4 seconds for the activity to load.  Is there a way to lazy load?  Thanks.

mychart = FindViewById<SfChart>(Resource.Id.myChart);
 mychart.Behaviors.Add(new ChartZoomPanBehavior() { ZoomMode= ZoomMode.X});
 mychart.Behaviors.Add(new ChartTrackballBehavior() { ShowLabel = true, ShowLine= true});

6 Replies

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team September 7, 2016 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Albert K, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 1: “Regarding ChartTrackBallBehavior” 
We have prepared a sample for your requirement. You can press and hold to see the TrackBall and then pan to move to the next data points. Please find the sample from the below location. 

Query 2: “Regarding Data Loading”  
If you are using LineSeries, we suggest you to use FastLineSeries instead of LineSeries for better performance. Also please share the following details which will be helpful for further assistance on this. 

#1) Which series are you rendering? 
#2) How many data points to be loaded initially/dynamically? 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj 

AK Albert K replied to Yuvaraj Palanisamy September 7, 2016 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Albert K, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 1: “Regarding ChartTrackBallBehavior” 
We have prepared a sample for your requirement. You can press and hold to see the TrackBall and then pan to move to the next data points. Please find the sample from the below location. 

Query 2: “Regarding Data Loading”  
If you are using LineSeries, we suggest you to use FastLineSeries instead of LineSeries for better performance. Also please share the following details which will be helpful for further assistance on this. 

#1) Which series are you rendering? 
#2) How many data points to be loaded initially/dynamically? 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj 

Query1:  I forget to mention that I am using splineseries as the top chart with DateTimeRangeNavigator, does it make a difference?

Query2: For the 24hrs that I am loading around  288 records initially.  Is there a way to pop  up the chart first then populate it with data.

Thank you.

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team September 8, 2016 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Albert K, 

We have prepared a sample as per your requirement. Please check and let us know if you are facing the issue with Trackball in this attached sample. If not, we kindly request you to update us the modified sample to reproduce the issue for helping your further. 

Please let us know your if you need any clarifications. 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj 

AK Albert K September 9, 2016 07:45 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks it works.  Is it possible to reduce the time for the trackball to appear on screen.  I did not know that it took at least a 500ms of holding on the screen for it to appear.  Thank you again.

AK Albert K September 9, 2016 08:56 AM UTC

Hi, 

After a few hours of trail and error.  I think I might find the cause of the slowdown in loading the activity.  It seems that if i set interval = 5 then it would slowdown the loading of the activity.  Is that a bug?  Thank you.

DateTimeAxis dateTimeAxis = new DateTimeAxis() { IntervalType = DateTimeIntervalType.Minutes, Interval = 5 };
            dateTimeAxis.Visibility = axisVisibility;
            dateTimeAxis.LabelStyle.LabelFormat = "h:mm"; 
            dateTimeAxis.ShowMajorGridLines = axisVisibility == Visibility.Visible ? true : false;
            chart.PrimaryAxis = dateTimeAxis;

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team September 12, 2016 02:54 PM UTC

Hi Albert K,  

Query : Regarding Trackball  

We have prepared a sample as per your requirement. Please find the sample from the below location. 

Query : Regarding DateTimeInterval 

We are not able to reproduce your reported issue at our end. Please check and let us know if you are facing the issue with DateTimeInterval in this attached sample. If not, we kindly request you to update us the modified sample to reproduce the issue and Syncfusion Essential Studio version for helping your further. 

Please let us know your if you need any clarifications.  

Regards,  
Yuvaraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon