We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CellTipText disappears too fast

Hello.

I´ve included a GridGroupingControl into my C# WinForms application. To show a tooltip i found this solution here:
void TableControl_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
   e.Style.CellTipText = e.Style.Text;
}
But the problem ist, that the tooltip appears for nearly a second. How can I change the duration?

3 Replies

AR Amal Raj U Syncfusion Team September 1, 2016 12:28 PM UTC

Hi Matthias, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

The cell tooltip delay duration can be changed using the AutoPopDelay property. Please make use of the below code, 

Code Example 
//To set InitialDelay and AutoPopupDelay. 
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CellToolTip.InitialDelay = 100; 
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CellToolTip.AutoPopDelay = 1000; 

Sample Link 

Regards, 
Amal Raj U. 

MO Matthias Olschack September 1, 2016 12:55 PM UTC

Thanks, that helped a lot.

What is the value for an infinite duration?

AR Amal Raj U Syncfusion Team September 2, 2016 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Matthias, 

Thanks for the update. 

We could not able to clearly understand your query. The AutoPopDelay is the value which we can provide any time. Do you want to show the CellToolTip  as constant (should tooltip shown remain forever)? We can set any time limit as our wish to AutoPopDelay property. There is no limit in giving time duration. So you can provide maximum time i.e. for example, you can set 100000 for the AutoPopDelay. Please make sure that the value is depending on the MilliSeconds. For more information about this property, please refer this link, 

Regards, 
Amal Raj U. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon