We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Spreadsheet Export/Import Web API Example

Greetings,

I'm trying to set up an ASP.NET Web API for the JavaScript Spreadsheet component but the only example I found doesn't seem to build because of NuGet packages not found. Could you please help me with this? The project should only have the export/import endpoints and CORS support - no authentication/datasource/UI (the Spreadsheet JavaScript UI is served from another project).

Thanks.

3 Replies

SI Silambarasan I Syncfusion Team August 26, 2016 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Gabriel, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.  

Based on the provided information, we suspect that you have set up an ASP.NET Web API for JS Spreadsheet with ‘Syncfusion.JavaScript’ NuGet package.  This package will install only the Scripts, Styles and Themes for JavaScript Platform controls. Hence the dependency assemblies required for your project will be unavailable. Please refer the below KB link for more information, 

And, we would like to suggest you to use the ‘Syncfusion.AspNet’ NuGet package for getting the all dependent assemblies for building Web API to perform Spreadsheet Import/Export functionalities.  Meanwhile, we have prepared 2 projects (Spreadsheet sample & SpreadsheetWebAPI) to demonstrate your requirement and the same can be downloaded from the following link, 

Sample                                 : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/125578/ze/Sample-1616844203 

Syncfusion ASP.NET NuGet         : http://nuget.syncfusion.com/package/aspnet 

Could you please check the above samples and get back to us if we misunderstood your requirement so that we can analyze based on your scenario and provide you better solution quickly?  The information provided would be a great help for us to resolve this issue. 

Regards, 
Silambarasan I 

GA Gabriel Axel August 26, 2016 12:10 PM UTC

The SpreadsheetWebAPI project was just missing the Microsoft.AspNet.WebAPI, but it was easy enough to find and now it works fine. Many thanks!

SI Silambarasan I Syncfusion Team August 29, 2016 09:26 AM UTC

Hi Gabriel, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved.  

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Silambarasan I 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon