We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Filtering and Glitches

HI,
I have two problems with the grid I am attaching.
1) When I define a custom filterbar control and Apply the filter, immediately the layot of the grid goes crazy, altering the alignment of the columns.
2) I have 2 columns bound to the same field, with Foreign key columns, but I need them to retrieve two different properties of the Related Entity.
The problem is that when I filter for the second one, the filter is calculated on the field that if the ForeignKeyValue of the first column.
Am I doing anything wrong or is a problem, and if so, I'll need a workaround.
As I am asking, there is a way to bing using the OData Adaptors, Properties that are in the Navigation Properties of the main entity attached to the datamanager, instead of using the Foreign Key Columns? These prpoperties are read only.

As in all the requests I am doing in this period, the datamanager uses the ODataV4Adaptor.

Thanks in advance

Andrea Perazzolo

Attachment: SF_55a2a107.zip

1 Reply

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team August 26, 2016 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Andrea, 

Query #1: When I define a custom filterbar control and Apply the filter, immediately the layot of the grid goes crazy, altering the alignment of the columns. 

We are able to reproduce the reported issue in v14.2.0.26. But it had been fixed and included from v14.2.0.28. So we suggest you to upgrade to our latest version in order to handle this issue. 

Query #2: The problem is that when I filter for the second one, the filter is calculated on the field that if the ForeignKeyValue of the first column. 

We considered this query “Filtering works incorrectly if multiple foreignKey columns with same fieldname defined” as a bug and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this feature. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents  

Query #3: As I am asking, there is a way to bing using the OData Adaptors, Properties that are in the Navigation Properties of the main entity attached to the datamanager, instead of using the Foreign Key Columns? These prpoperties are read only. 

As we are quite unclear on your requirement, could you please briefly explain your actual requirement such that we can assist you accordingly. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon