We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Ribbon Customization

I'm using the RichTextBoxAdv with RichTextRibbon but i need to customize the RichTextRibbon (add a few options, change the icon)

I can't find any documentation specific to the RichTextRibbon control

Also, i need to do localization - where can i find a complete list of values required for this and other controls?

4 Replies

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team August 23, 2016 10:50 AM UTC

Hi Luís,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

The RichTextRibbon control is a customized Ribbon with primary functionalities for RichTextBoxAdv control and there is no possibility to edit/remove the RichTextRibbon functionalities. In order to customize Ribbon for RichTextBoxAdv, kindly use Ribbon control to design customized ribbon as per your requirement.

The RichTextBoxAdv control is a classic version and it does not have localization support. Whereas the new SfRichTextBoxAdv control has localization support and more other features. Kindly prefer using our new SfRichTextBoxAdv control to meet your requirements.

We have prepared sample to demonstrate the ribbon customization and localization support using SfRichTextBoxAdv control. Please find the sample from the following link.

Sample Link:
Sample.zip

For further information regarding SfRichTextBoxAdv control, refer the UG link below,
https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfrichtextboxadv/overview

Regards,
Venkatesan M. 

LR Luís Rodrigues August 23, 2016 02:07 PM UTC

Hi Venkatesan

Thanks for replying - i kind of had already come to the conclusion i had to rebuild the ribbon from scratch rather then using that control - but thanks for confirming my suspicion

I will now look into your sample and see how to approach my requirements based on it

As for using sfRichTextBoxAdv instead of RichTextBoxAdv, that's good to know - i had assumed all controls starting with Sf were SilverLight specific
Should I always prefer controls starting with Sf over classic ones?

Again, thanks for replying

LR Luís Rodrigues August 23, 2016 04:31 PM UTC

Just went through that sample you sent me

Lacks quite a bit of localization entries

The backstage tab always shows File regardless of language
Quick access toolbar menu and QAT customization window are always in english too

isn't there a place where o can get a list of ALL values to ALL controls for localization?
Having the default resx file(s) used to compile the dll projects themselfs would be great

I've noticed the ones used for Windows Forms controls  seem to be available in the install directory (SyncFusion\14.2.0.26\windows) but i can't find the wpf ones

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team August 25, 2016 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Luís,

Thank you for your update.

Regarding the Sf prefix:
Yes prefer using Sf controls, which are the latest controls with advanced features than classic ones.

Regarding the localization of Ribbon file tab and QAT customization window:
We have created a support incident under your account. Please follow up the incident for further assistance for QAT localization.

Regards,
Venkatesan M. 

Loader.
Up arrow icon