We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

how can I "pad" the area around the chart data?

I'm having an issue where the very first and very last data points in my simple chart are render just off the left/right of the chart - I've attached an image showing what I mean - the last item on the right there should be "75" but it's rendered just off the chart, you can't scroll over any further to see it.

Just poking around trying to figure how how I can get the data points all visible here...

thanks

7 Replies

JL Jeff Lindborg August 22, 2016 02:26 AM UTC

oops... wrong file type - I zipped the image here.

Attachment: graph_172dfb47.zip

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team August 22, 2016 06:33 AM UTC

Hi Jeff Lindborg,    

Please refer the following code snippet to set the PlotOffset for axis. We have also prepared a sample for your reference and you can find the sample from the below link.   

Code Snippet:                                       

C#:   
chart.PrimaryAxis.PlotOffset = 20;   
chart.SecondaryAxis.PlotOffset = 20;   

XAML:   
<chart:SfChart.PrimaryAxis>   
   <chart:DateTimeAxis PlotOffset="20"/>             
</chart:SfChart.PrimaryAxis>   

<chart:SfChart.SecondaryAxis>   
        <chart:NumericalAxis PlotOffset="20"/>        
</chart:SfChart.SecondaryAxis>   

Please let us know if you have any further queries regarding this issue.   

Thanks,  
Yuvaraj. 

JL Jeff Lindborg August 22, 2016 01:36 PM UTC

cool - setting the offset for the primary axis to 30 seems to do the trick - a little odd when you zoom in/out the last reading can still slip off the end of the graph as you zoom in further but it's not a deal breaker.
thanks

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team August 23, 2016 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Jeff Lindborg,  

We are not able to reproduce the reported issue while setting ‘PlotOffset’ value for primary axis at our end and we have prepared a sample for your reference. Please update us the modified sample to reproduce the issue which will be helpful for providing further assistance on this.  

Thanks, 
Yuvaraj 

JL Jeff Lindborg August 23, 2016 04:15 PM UTC

you probably just need more data - I'm not doing anything tricky - just allowing resizing along the x axis - I've attached a zip with a short MP4 video showing this on Android - the video is a little fuzzy but you can see the last value on the right (138) drifting off the edge as I zoom in and back on as I zoom back out.

Attachment: ChartPad_3afa0e2a.zip

JL Jeff Lindborg August 23, 2016 04:32 PM UTC

also, doing more testing with iOS - this issue seems specific to Android - my phone and pad as well as emulators.  Testing my iphone and iPad the last value always "sticks" to the offset from the end as it should as I zoom in and out.

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team August 24, 2016 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Jeff, 

We have tested in Nexus 5X, Moto E devices and we are not able to reproduce the reported issue. We have recorded a video of this and attached for your reference. 

Can you please make sure whether you are able to reproduce this issue in the attached sample (with more data points). 

Also, can you provide the following details. 

1.       Essential Studio version 
2.       Android Device and OS versions 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Thanks, 
Yuvaraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon