We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GBDG & Splitter Control

Hi, I would like to create a derived grid control that is embedded in a splitter control. I have tried the following, but this is not working. Could you give me a clue as to how to do this. The thing is that I already have three applications running with many forms containing a simple derived GridDataBoundGrid. Rather than manually put a splitter control on the form and drag the grid to the control, I was rather hoping that I could simply extend the derived grid. Public Class NewGrid Inherits GridDataBoundGrid Private _splitter as SplitterControl Public Sub New With _splitter .ThemesEnabled = True .SupportsFlatScrollBars = True .SplitBars = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.DynamicSplitBars.Both Me.FillSplitterPane = True .Controls.Add(Me) End With End Sub End Class Many thanks Jeremy

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2004 08:37 PM UTC

I don''t know that you will be able to do this. The Splitter is a container control that holds things like the grid. So, you might try deriving teh splitter and let it have a Grid as a public member. The only thing designable would be the splitter (unless you do considerable work to expose the Grid member with its designer).

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team April 2, 2004 07:54 AM UTC

Clay OK - thanks - back to the drawing board ! Regards Jeremy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon