We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeGrid issues

Hi,
I am having some problems using the TreeGrid control in my project.
1) I am trying to use it like the Grid for editing, but it is missing many features. For example the edit in a dialog using a dialog template.
2) There is no Editing Template column (not Column Template but the Editing one).
3) Unable to set default values for a column in add operation. For example a new UUID.
4) When I add a new row, I am not able to intercept the events and modify the model of the new row.

Thanks in advance

Andrea Perazzolo

2 Replies

AP Andrea Perazzolo August 19, 2016 07:44 AM UTC

HI, in addition I am not able to make the Validation rules work.
Maybe is not implemented?

Thanks in advance

Andrea Perazzolo

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team August 22, 2016 04:32 PM UTC

Hi Andrea,   
Please find the response below:   
Query1:   
I am having some problems using the TreeGrid control in my project.   
1) I am trying to use it like the Grid for editing, but it is missing many features. For example the edit in a dialog using a dialog template.   
2) There is no Editing Template column (not Column Template but the Editing one).   
3) Unable to set default values for a column in add operation. For example a new UUID.   
5) HI, in addition I am not able to make the Validation rules work.   
Maybe is not implemented?   
Solution:   
At present there is no support for these features in TreeGrid. Hence we have logged a Feature report regarding these features. These features can be tracked through our Feature Management.It will be implemented in any of our upcoming main release. We will update you once this feature has got implemented. 
Query 2:   
4) When I add a new row, I am not able to intercept the events and modify the model of the new row.   
Solution:   
At present there is no client side event available while adding new row to intercept the add action. Hence we have logged a feature report regarding these features. This feature can be tracked through our Feature Management. It will be included in our upcoming Volume 2 Service pack 2 release. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.
Regards,   

Jone sherine P S    

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon