We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Printing from within a Windows Service

Hi Guys!

I have a question about how to print a PDF document using the Syncfusion PDF assemblies (Syncfusion.Pdf.Base and Syncfusion.PdfViewer.Wpf). I already successfully created a PDF document and saved it to a file. The next step would be to load this file into the PdfViewerControl and then either call Print to print it to the default printer or get the PrintDocument from the PdfViewerControl and let it be printed by a PrintDialog. But neither works. In both cases I get an exception saying that no printers are installed.

I know that one should not print directly from within a Windows Service. It is intended that the Windows Service calls another program (something like a print processor) impersonated as another user in a session other than Session 0. But the problem is, that the user has to be logged on permanently and I'm not sure if we can guarantee that.

Can anyone help me understanding what's going wrong or has anyone a solution for this?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

1 Reply

BS Balasubramanian Sundararajan Syncfusion Team August 16, 2016 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Matthias, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion Product.  

A support incident to track the status of this query has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates, 

Thanks, 
Balasubramanian S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon