We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Build Error when adding Reference

Hi,

I have Syncfusion v14.2.0.28 installed on VS2015.3. I want to use some syncfusion controls in my UWP Application. However, after adding the dependency Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML I cannot compile my project anymore, getting the following error message:

Cannot resolve Assembly or Windows Metadata file 'System.Collections.NonGeneric.dll'
Type universe cannot resolve assembly: System.Collections.NonGeneric, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

I already tried deinstalling all previous versions of syncfusion and just installing the current v14.2.0.28, but no luck there.
My only other dependency in nuget is Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform in v5.2.2 and a ClassLibrary, where I put some classes and functions, that I use regularly on different projects.

I honestly don't know, what to do.
Thank you for helping in advance.

3 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team August 16, 2016 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Vincent,

We were able to reproduce the reported compilation error and we have found that it is due to missing of the "System.Collections.NonGeneric" Nuget Package. We were able to resolve it from our side by installing this Nuget Package. You can refer the following screenshot to get more details about this:

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

MS Mr Student August 23, 2016 11:37 AM UTC

You are right, adding System.Collections.NonGeneric solved the problem.

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team August 24, 2016 04:21 AM UTC

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon