We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

High volume performance in SfChart

Hi,

1. I'm trying to build a chart with millions of points (32 million for now - it will be a higher number in the future), I've tried to use the demo example called: "High_Volume_Data_Demo" from the performance category but after plotting over 16 million points I get a System.OutOfMemoryException, is there any way to fix this exception of work around the problem so I would be able to plot that number of points?

2.  Beside plotting a fixed chart I'm also trying to allow the user to change the points using his mouse link
Unfortunately working with millions of points will not allow a reasonable work flow, I was thinking about a solution and I would like to run it by you.
After creating the chart we set the ItemsSource  like this "chart1.Series[0].ItemsSource = collection;" for mouse movement maybe we should remove a spesific point and insert it again to the ItemsSource this time the precise point, maybe it will affect the load time of the chart.
Any idea besides that would be very helpful.

Regards,

Dov.

1 Reply

SA Santhiya Arulsamy Syncfusion Team August 16, 2016 01:33 PM UTC

Hi Dov,

Thanks for the update.

Query 1: OutofMemory Exception

When use more than 16 million of points, the collection size exceeds the amount of memory in the application. We have internally maintain two more list collection for calculating X, Y and actual data points. So, total size of the list collection memory exceeds in application. Due to this framework limitation, the OutOfMemery exception thrown.

Query 2: Slow Series rendering, when add the millions of points.

When use huge number of data points in data editing, the chart load time will be affected. Because in every mouse action the ItemsSource of the chart series is getting modified. We have mentioned this performance limitation in our UG. Please refer below link (first point).

https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfchart/performance 

Thanks,

Santhiya A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon