We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Showing only a section of a document

I'm wanting to display only a section of a document inside a SfRichTextBoxAdv. The sections are defined by bookmarks, which I know can be accessed using the following: http://help.syncfusion.com/file-formats/docio/working-with-bookmarks. However I don't know how to assign the contents of the bookmark to the SfRichTextBoxAdv. Is this possible?

5 Replies

EJ Emmima Josephine Jeyapaul Syncfusion Team August 10, 2016 02:53 PM UTC

Hi Adam Wilson, 
Thank you for your update. 
We have prepared a sample as per mentioned requirement. Please find the sample from below link.  
Sample link:  

Regards, 
Emmima. 

AW Adam Wilson August 18, 2016 02:27 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks very much for the response, the resources provided were very insightful however I was hoping to be able to achieve this without splitting up the document into separate files. I'd like to keep it as just the single file as I'm wanting to be able to view different sections, insert comments and then save the final document as a whole regardless of which section you're looking at. I've been trying to attempt this by 'hiding' sections rather than completely removing sections. 

Is this possible at all?

Thanks, Adam

EJ Emmima Josephine Jeyapaul Syncfusion Team August 19, 2016 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Adam, 
In Microsoft Word we navigate to the specified bookmark content and edit the contents or insert comment. For your reference we attached the video illustration for the same. Please find the video demo from the below link. 
Video Demo: 
Can you please refer the attached video and confirm us whether your requirement is similar to this? If your requirement is different please share more details. So that we can analyze it further and provide you the appropriate solution at the earliest. 
Regards, 
Emmima. 

AW Adam Wilson August 22, 2016 02:27 PM UTC

Hi, 

It's the same Adam here, I forgot I requested to delete my account as I thought i'd no longer use it but it seems that's not the case.

Anyway, I'm afraid this doesn't meet the requirements I was looking for, I was wanting to only show the contents of the bookmark and nothing else in the document. 

I was hoping this would be achievable through simply 'hiding' parts of the document and only showing the bookmark part. This is why the solution of opening each bookmark in a separate document won't work as I still need to maintain the whole document but only see parts of it.

Thanks,
Adam.

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team August 23, 2016 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Adam,

Currently our SfRichTextboxAdv does not have support for bookmark preservation, navigation and Hiding the contents. We have already logged these requirements as feature request.
We will implement these features in any of our forthcoming releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We request you to visit our website periodically for feature related updates.

Regards,
Venkatesan M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon