We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Datagrid doesn't add new row when it should.

Hi All - I am using a datagrid to display child records on a form displaying parent-child records. When adding a new row which also happens to be the first child row for that parent record, when I out of the last cell, the cursor winds up back in the first column of the current row, instead of in the first column of a new row as it should. Subsequent rows work as expected (i.e. focus moves to the first cell of a 'new' row after tabbing out of the last cell of the above row) I have ruled out the following as causes (each of which was highly suspect -- until disproved by testing!): - having unmapped column styles - unexpected behavior of my Row/Column Changed/Changing handlers for the underlying dataset - binding the datagrid to the relation vs. directly to the child table Has anyone else had this or similar experience? ...Know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks!

1 Reply

KS K. Shier April 8, 2004 01:33 PM UTC

PS - I know this isn't a WinForms FAQ question, but this seems like a knowledgeable crowd + the FAQ touches on some closely related issues. PPS - the 'reply without quote' button is broken. it included all the text from the previous message.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon