We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to insert page break inside tables?

I have a table consisting of 10 rows and I want to insert some page break symbols in it so the result would be multiple tables in different pages.

I tried to use the AppendBreak method of the paragraph. Seems that it does not work when the paragraph is inside a table.

There are two other properties ParagraphFormat.PageBreakBefore and ParagraphFormat.PageBreakAfter that do not add the page break symbol though they break the same table across pages.

3 Replies

PE Priyanga Elangovan Syncfusion Team August 5, 2016 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Customer, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

In MS Word, if you insert the page break into the paragraph preserved inside the table cell then it will splits the current row along with it following rows as a new table and append one paragraph with page break item in-between the two tables. Currently DocIO preserves the page break as a child items of paragraph preserved in the table cell and it does not possible to split the table rows while inserting the page break into the paragraph preserved inside the table cell using DocIO.

As a work around, we have a prepared a sample to meet your requirement as equivalent to MS Word using DocIO. Please find the sample from below link. Try running this sample and let us know if this helps you.

Sample link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/125277/ze/TableSample627068209.zip

Regards, 
Priyanga.E

A A August 5, 2016 03:54 PM UTC

Hi Priyanga,

The workaround you suggested (creating a new table for each row) works.

Thanks

PE Priyanga Elangovan Syncfusion Team August 8, 2016 05:18 AM UTC

Hi Customer,

Thank you for your update. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We will be happy to assist you as always.

Regards,
Priyanga.E

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon