We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem hiding Grand Totals. Grand totals remain visible and one data column and one data row get hidden

Hello. I'm having problems hiding the grand totals in pivot grid controls for Windows Forms.
I have some anual values and I need to show like
2003 2004 2005 2006
0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5    and so on.

I know it seems a little simple problem for a PivotGridControl, but this is just one of the scenarios I'm dealing with and I tried to simplify the sample to isolate the error.

I'm attaching this simple application for you to reproduce it (it's a Visual Studio 2010 Windows forms project).

I may be setting up the pivot control wrongly, but I'm not sure. You'll see that not only the Grand row and columns are being shown when they shouldn't, but also that the row of data has disappeared and also the column for the first year (2003) is missing.
In the Visual Studio immediate window, there can be seen these two errors:

System.ArgumentException: negative key
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridIndexDictionary.OnValidate(Object key, Object value)
   en Syncfusion.Collections.TypedDictionaryBase.System.Collections.IDictionary.set_Item(Object key, Object value)
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridIndexDictionary.set_Item(Int32 key, Object value)
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRowColHideDictionary.set_Item(Int32 index, Boolean value)
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelHideRowColsIndexer.SetHidden(Int32 index, Boolean value)
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelHideRowColsIndexer.SetRange(Int32 from, Int32 last, Boolean[] values, Boolean discardUndo)
    System.ArgumentException: negative key
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridIndexDictionary.OnValidate(Object key, Object value)
   en Syncfusion.Collections.TypedDictionaryBase.System.Collections.IDictionary.set_Item(Object key, Object value)
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridIndexDictionary.set_Item(Int32 key, Object value)
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRowColHideDictionary.set_Item(Int32 index, Boolean value)
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelHideRowColsIndexer.SetHidden(Int32 index, Boolean value)
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelHideRowColsIndexer.SetRange(Int32 from, Int32 last, Boolean[] values, Boolean discardUndo)

that I think may be related with this. I've tried the code in C# instead of VB.net and I get the exact same behaviour.

I'm using Syncfusion version 14.2400.0.26.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Fernando Consigli

Attachment: PivotGridGrandTotalsProblem_6c95dcaf.zip

1 Reply

AG Anish George Syncfusion Team August 1, 2016 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Carlos,  

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We are able to reproduce the issue in the given sample. We request you to create a DT incident regarding this, so that our dedicated engineers will work on it and will give you proper details on this issue. You can create the DT incident from the following link.  

Please let me know if you have any concerns.  

Regards,  
Anish. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon