We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Documented example not working for localisation

I am having to post this here as the support incident system isn't working nor accepting my input!

I have followed the documentation and examples and cannot get the currency to change.

This, for instance, always results in the "$" symbol, as does every other locale string I have tried (eg "en-GB")

@Html.EJ().CurrencyTextbox("currency").Value("50").Locale("de-DE")

What should I be looking for to fix this?

1 Reply

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team August 1, 2016 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Charles, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have analyzed your requirement “To set locale property to Currency Textbox”. We suspect that the corresponding culture file is not referred in your application. 

To localize any of our Syncfusion components with particular culture, it is necessary to add reference the corresponding culture file. Please refer the below code snippet. 

<script src="Scripts/ej/ej.web.all.min.js"></script>  
<script src="Scripts/ej/i18n/ej.culture.de-DE.min.js"></script> 
The above culture script file was available in below mentioned location. 
[Installed location]\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.2.0.26\JavaScript\assets\scripts\i18n 
For your convenience, we have prepared the sample based on this and that same can be downloaded from the following location, 
Sample Location: Localization Sample. 
To know more about localization, please refer the below link. 
Regards, 
Ashokkumar B 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon