We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Exception and questions

Hello,

I have a few questions for everyone regarding the new SfKanban control:
  1. I get an exception in my XAML it doesn't prevent the system from compiling, but it does cause issues in the IDE.  The error message is "Error HRESTUL E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.".  I've attached a screenshot with the issue.
  2. If I wanted to add a progress bar inside the card, say under the description but above the tags, that would be updated real time via the data source, would that be possible?
  3. Is it possible to remove the image circle, should I have no image provided?  When I nulled out the task.ImageURL value it still had the grey circle with no image inside it.
  4. Adding the event "CardDoubleTapped" could be beneficial as well, although I believe I can work around this issue with the current events, albeit less elegant than having a proper event.
  5. If I want the card border to change color when they tap on a card, to highlight that they have actually clicked, how would I do that?   I tried the following and it didn't change the border color of the card:
        private void Kanban_CardTapped(object sender, KanbanTappedEventArgs e)
        {
            e.SelectedCard.BorderBrush = (SolidColorBrush)Application.Current.Resources["AppBlueHex"]; // Just a blue resource color.
            e.SelectedCard.BorderThickness = new Thickness(2);
        }

I like the way this control looks, although I may be trying to use it outside of the intended design.

Please let me know if these things are possible.

Thank you,
Michael Woolsey

Attachment: sfKanban_Issue_b40fdf4b.zip

5 Replies

SJ Sumathi Jayaraj Syncfusion Team July 28, 2016 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Michael,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

Query 1: Error HRESTUL E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.   

We are unable to reproduce the error in simple project and also if the lines of code are more than 100,000+, this error may occur. It seems that the problem is with the visual studio and please delete the project cache in the below location to resolve this.   

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache   
C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache

Then run "devenv.exe /setup" in the location of “C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE”  to re-build the cache.

Please find the below links for your reference.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/smondal/archive/2013/03/08/error-hresult-e-fail-has-been-returned-from-a-call-to-a-com-component.aspx 
http://forums.asp.net/t/1958835.aspx?+HRESULT+E_FAIL+has+been+returned+from+a+call+to+a+COM+component+  

Query 2: I wanted to add a progress bar inside the card, that would be updated real time via the data source, would that be possible?   

We can modify the default template of Kanban card item using CardTemplate property in SfKanban. Also, we can add the progress bar that is updated through the data source of its underlying model.   

Query 3: Is it possible to remove the image circle, should I have no image provided?   

SfKanban provides support for collapsing the image icon of Kanban card using IconVisibility property in KanbanCardStyle and please find the below code example for more information.   

Code example:    
[XAML]   
<syncfusion:SfKanban.CardStyle>   
    <syncfusion:KanbanCardStyle IconVisibility="Collapsed"/>   
</syncfusion:SfKanban.CardStyle>   

In case of customizing card template, we can change the visibility by validating ImageURL that is provided in the data model. We have prepared a demo sample for this requirement.   

Query 4: Adding the event "CardDoubleTapped" could be beneficial 

We considered this “Need to implement CardDoubleTapped event for SfKanban” as a feature request and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Query 5: If I want the card border to change color when they tap on a card, to highlight that they have actually clicked, how would I do that?   

This requirement can be achieved by using CardTemplate and we have prepared a demo sample and please find it from the following location.   

Sample: Kanban_Sample    

Regards,   
Sumathi J   

SD Spartan Developer July 28, 2016 01:34 PM UTC

Hello,

Your sample project did everything I needed for the changes to the card style, thanks!

However, even in your sample application I am getting the HRESULT error.  I've attached a full screen screen shot in case that helps.  I did try the referenced material about clearing the visual studio project templates cache, but alas that did not help.   What is strange is that it seems to only occur with the "syncfusion:KanbanColumn" control and not any other controls.

I am running the latest updated version of visual studio, including the latest update 3, with all of update 3's patches.

I realize it's a needle in a haystack type of situation, but do you have any other ideas that could help with this?

Thank you,
Michael Woolsey

Attachment: Untitled_b8e4c3f7.zip

SJ Sumathi Jayaraj Syncfusion Team July 29, 2016 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

We are able to reproduce the reported issue “Exception thrown in XAML window” and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this issue. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,
Sumathi J

RE reinhard August 9, 2016 03:50 PM UTC

Is an update to solve the issue already available.
I have the same problem

SG Sridharan Gajendran Syncfusion Team August 10, 2016 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Reinhard, 

We have created a support incident under your account to track the status of the problem. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards, 
Sridharan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon