We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom PrintPreview - In Color

Hi again,
I got the lyrics and chords to show up fine in my WebBrowser "Lyrics Viewer"
However, because html cannot handle tabs and spacing properly... my chords do not show up where the display does in the EditControl.
So, I abandoned the Html Viewer concept,
I like how you use the build in .NET PrintPreview for the EC control.... I am using that for just the actual printing of the EC code text.
But, I don't like the toolbar control in the PrintPreview control. (something MS should make pretty some day)
So, I have built a custom print preview.
I can get the text printed on a page (not successful with multiple pages yet when lyrics is too long)
But I have two issues...
1) It doesn't print in color just like in the EC control display
2) The chords go out of wack (tabs and spaces) and so the page doesn't look like the EC control.
I was wondering if you can share with me the code you used to get that perfect print-preview text output that matches the EC control exactly that you guys put together.
Then I can use it on my custom print preview.
I eventually want to take the text tags (lexems) and style them on the final print preview.
The Lyrics Preview is going to be used as just a viewer that the user can use and play their instrument while reading from the viewer.
So, I have a code version (for building lyrics) and viewer version (for playing along - playlists)
Thanks
I am almost done with my initial app.

Attachment: lyricsprintpreview_b87576f7.zip

5 Replies

FH Frank Hilton July 22, 2016 06:00 PM UTC

I attached a ZIP of the sample print Preview I am working on.

Thanks in Advance

Attachment: PrintPreview_795a7eb8.zip

FH Frank Hilton July 23, 2016 12:22 AM UTC

Also... is it possible to zoom the text in-out inside the Edit Control itself??

Since we can't really change the font size during run-time, how about zooming?

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team July 26, 2016 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your update.

At present there is no support for the reported requirements. A support incident to track the status of this features has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

RP Ranjani Prabhakaran Syncfusion Team July 27, 2016 04:16 AM UTC

Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:11 PM
To: Syncfusion Support <support@syncfusion.com>
Subject: RE: Font Listbox

Hi, 

Why is there a small text to the left of some of these fonts? 
And how do I get rid of that small text?? 

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team July 28, 2016 02:34 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

A support incident to track the status of this issue with the FontListBox has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon