We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Excel Style Filtering Trouble

Hi,

I use Excel style filtering with the SfDataGrid, but unlike Excel the available checkboxes are built from the filtered items not from all items.

Steps to reproduce:

I have a column with values "Europe" and "USA".

1) Open the filter and see two unchecked checkboxes for Europe and USA
2) Apply a filter for "Europe"
3) Open the filter popup the second time and only see one (!) checked checkboxs for "Europe" but I would expect to also see a second unchecked checkbox for "USA"

IS this behaviour configurable or how do I come by to achieve it?

Regards
Bernd

5 Replies

SP Sowndaiyan Paulpandi Syncfusion Team July 22, 2016 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Bernd,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your reported issue and also we have prepared the sample as per your scenario. But we were not able to reproduce the reported issue. For your reference we have attached the tested sample and video in the below location. Please revert by modifying the attached sample based on your application and also share the details about which Syncfusion product version you have used in your application. It will be helpful for us to analyze further. 

Sample : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/125103/ze/Filter-2089729588

Regards,

Sowndaiyan

BE Bernd July 22, 2016 11:11 PM UTC

Sowndaiya,

thank you for the sample which is of course working. :-) After checking the deifferences between your an my implementation I realized that my Grids are fed from an Entity Framework datasource, so the ObservableCollection contains DynamicProxies which looks like it makes the difference. As soon as I feed my ObservableCollection manually with standard objects my grids work just as expected.

So how can I solve this?

Regards
Bernd

SP Sowndaiyan Paulpandi Syncfusion Team July 26, 2016 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Bernd,

We have checked your reported issue with Entity collection and the SfDataGrid filter popup is properly loaded the all records after filtering the particular column. So could you please modify the below sample as per your application and revert back to us. It will be helpful for us to analyze further.

Our tested Entity Collection sample :

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/ze/EntityFrameworkBinding_Demo463938980

Regards,

Sowndaiyan

BE Bernd July 27, 2016 09:35 PM UTC

Sowndaiya,

the proble in my case are the DynamicProxies of my model objects. If I programatically set ctx.Configuration.ProxyCreationEnabled = false; then I get normal model entities instead of dynamic proxies and the filter works as expected. But I cannot do that because I would loose lazy loading and automated change tracking.

Find attached a demo to demonstrate the behaviour. It uses a MSSQLLocalDb Database instead of a MDF.

Regards
Bernd

Attachment: EntityFrameworkBinding_DemoNotWorking_55f5c8ec.zip

SP Sowndaiyan Paulpandi Syncfusion Team July 28, 2016 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Bernd,

We have checked your query and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  
Regards,

Sowndaiyan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon