We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfChart Doesn't render correctly on android

I have chart with a Spline Series that is data bound to an observable collection of my model. This collection is updated from events from a Microsoft Band, this renders fine in the universal windows project, but does not update on android to render changes to the collection.

I have attached screenshots and the project.

Attachment: Project_6ecef3d6.zip

10 Replies

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team July 21, 2016 04:58 PM UTC

Hi Jamie holcroft,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have analysed your query with different scenarios but we are not able reproduce the issue. We have prepared a sample for your reference. Please find the sample from the below location and update us the modified sample to reproduce the issue for helping you further.

Thanks,
Yuvaraj

AM Amro replied to Yuvaraj Palanisamy June 28, 2017 07:47 AM UTC

Hi Jamie holcroft,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have analysed your query with different scenarios but we are not able reproduce the issue. We have prepared a sample for your reference. Please find the sample from the below location and update us the modified sample to reproduce the issue for helping you further.

Thanks,
Yuvaraj

Hi I heve the same proplem it's right rendered on Xamarin.iOS but not in Xamarin.andorid

PS Parthiban Sundaram Syncfusion Team June 29, 2017 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Amro,

Thanks for the update.

We have modified the sample for your reference in which we are dynamically changing the ItemsSource collection. Please find the sample from the below location and update us the modified sample to reproduce the issue which will will be helpful for assisting you further.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/125082/ze/SimpleSample-1107524905

Please let us know if your issue is different from this.

Regards,
Parthiban S 

AM Amro June 29, 2017 01:42 PM UTC

Hi thank you for replay, i don't understand what mean the binding that you done in sfCarh 

<chart:SplineSeries Label="Series"  ItemsSource="{Binding }" XBindingPath="XValue" YBindingPath="YValue">

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team June 30, 2017 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Amro,

Thanks for the update.

1. {Binding} - this will work when the binding context is directly set to the property in the ViewModel.

2. {Binding PropertyName} - this will work when the ViewModel object is set as BindingContext and its property is bound to ItemsSource.

We have also attached a sample for this for your reference which can be downloaded from the following location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/125082/ze/BindingSample717526373

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M. 

AM Amro July 4, 2017 06:42 AM UTC

Hi thank you for repling, I try like you do in the example but chart still doesn't render correctly, i try to explain better, in attached image is shown the problem when i click a bottn in the footer to load a data of new day in tablet Android the chart doesn't render only on android tablet on all device it's rendered correctly 

AM Amro replied to Amro July 4, 2017 06:48 AM UTC

Hi thank you for repling, I try like you do in the example but chart still doesn't render correctly, i try to explain better, in attached image is shown the problem when i click a bottn in the footer to load a data of new day in tablet Android the chart doesn't render only on android tablet on all device it's rendered correctly 

I forgot images here there are. One illustrate how it must be rendered and how it's rendered some times

Attachment: Synf_bdba69e.rar

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team July 5, 2017 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Jamie,

We were not able to reproduce the reported issue at our end. Can you please update us the following details.

1. In which tablet you are facing this issue?
2. OS details
3. Xamarin.Forms version

We have modified your sample which can be downloaded from the below location. Could you please ensure whether this sample is working fine in your tablet device. If yes, please update us the modified sample to reproduce this issue which will be helpful for providing further assistance on this.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/125082/ze/BindingSample-379515917

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M.

AM Amro July 7, 2017 02:49 PM UTC

1. galaxy tab A (but it seems it is on all tablet device)

2. android 7.1 but it seems the version it's not problem

3.last one 

it's the same if i load apk?

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team July 12, 2017 01:47 PM UTC

Hi Jamie,

Still we were not able to reproduce the reported issue in Galaxy tab A with latest Xamarin.Forms pre-release version. The given sample is working fine in the mentioned tablet device. As per our previous update, please confirm us whether the sample provided in our previous update is working properly in your end. In that sample, click “ADD DATA” button which is placed top of the screen, and ensure that the new data is added at 1st index in Chart.

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon