We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Year Digit problem

Hi All :

When I use vs2010 standard datatinepicker control, and the custom format set to "dd/MM/yy"

When user type the value  "16"  in (year part), the control  year value will return "2016."

However, under DateTimeAdv, when I type 16 in the same (year part), the year valve will be "1620"
How to avoid about it ?

Thanks

Michael

9 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team July 19, 2016 10:03 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

We were able to reproduce the issue with the DateTimePickerAdv and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents 
Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

HI hieudt April 11, 2017 07:01 AM UTC

Hi,

Lately I encountered this prolem, so whether it has been fixed or not in the latest updates ?

Thanks.

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team April 12, 2017 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Hieudt,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

The reported issue with DateTimePickerAdv has been fixed in latest Syncfusion Essential Studio version v15.1.0.41. We have prepared a sample and video for your reference. Please downloaded it from the below link.   

Sample: DatePickerAdvSample    

Kindly check with the above solution and confirm us whether we have misunderstood your  requirement.    

Regards   
Venkateshwaran V.R.   

HI hieudt April 13, 2017 02:56 AM UTC

Hi,

It's helped but not what I require, my datetimepicker has custom format set to "dd/MM/yyyy", so I want
. when I start edit value, current value will set null
. when I type just (day) or (day & month) it will return full value with current (month & year) or (year)
. when I type day & month & two digits year it will also return full value

Thanks.

MK Mallika Kannan Syncfusion Team April 13, 2017 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Hieudt,   

Query 1: My datetimepicker has custom format set to "dd/MM/yyyy", so I want. when I start edit value, current value will set null.   

We were unable to understand your requirement clearly. Please confirm, whether you would like to have no date selected when DateTimePickerAdv is loaded and display DateTime value user Edit on it.  

If so, this reported requirement can be resolved by using IsNullDate Property.    

Please make use the below Code example:  

//DateTimePicker Custom Format   

this.dateTimePickerAdv1.CustomFormat = "dd/MM/yyyy";   

//Null Value   

this.dateTimePickerAdv1.IsNullDate = true;   

Screenshot   

Query 2: When I type just (day) or (day & month) it will return full value with current (month & year) or (year)   

If this reported requirement is to display the DateTime upon user edit and have Auto Forward to next fields, when user editing on it. If so, please make use the below code snippet:  

//set AutoForwarding   

this.dateTimePickerAdv1.AutoForwarding = true;   

//Edit DateTime   

this.dateTimePickerAdv1.NullModeKeyReset = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.NullModeKeyReset.Any;   

//EnableNullKeys   

this.dateTimePickerAdv1.EnableNullKeys = true;   

Screenshot   

Editing Date   

Editing Month   

Figure: If date and month is set then return the full value.   

If problem still persist kindly share us more details about this requirement. That would be helpful for us to provide solution at the earliest.    

Query 3: When I type day & month & two digits year it will also return full value   

As per the standard behavior, it is needed for an end user to provide the number of values as defined in Custom Format. So it is mandatory to type 4 digits in this Year field.    

For Example   

In Custom Format, you have defined 4 characters to be displayed in Year field. So it is necessary for a user to provide 4 Character input “YYYY”.    

We have also prepared the sample and video for your reference, it can be downloaded from the below link,   

Kindly check the above solution and let us know if it was helpful or if we have misunderstood your requirement.    

Regards,   
Mallika    

HI hieudt April 14, 2017 02:44 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have attached a sample, in this I included DateTimePicker and GGC, I want DTP behave similar like GGC
. select all when focus
. auto complete value

Thanks.

Attachment: DateTimePickerAdv_965f23e1.rar

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team April 17, 2017 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Hieudt, 

Thank you for your update. 

At present, there is no support for this reported requirements in DateTimePickerAdv. Could you please confirm us the purpose of highlighting the DateTimePickerAdv value, when its focus is lost? And also let us know if you have any other requirements related to this scenario. So that we can analyze and provide you the prompt solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Venkateshwaran V.R. 

HI hieudt April 18, 2017 01:47 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Highlighting the DateTimePickerAdv value when it focused helps user quickly change to another date. Because I use format "dd/MM/yyyy" so when value is '18/04/2017', I can not change to '31/03/2017' straightway, instead I change month first and back to change day, it's slowdown user's input and sometimes cause error.

Let me know when this prolem is solved. Thanks.

MK Mallika Kannan Syncfusion Team April 20, 2017 06:33 AM UTC

Hi Hieudt   

A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of the reported scenario in DateTimePickerAdv.   

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates    

Regards,    
Mallika    

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon