We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

No icons in toolbox

i upgraded from VS15 Community to Professional and updated the dashboard to the newest version. i deinsalled every older version of the dashboard. i started VS and i dont see any icons from Syncfusion Controls (ASP.NET, WinForms, ...) I installed this fixhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3095681 but it didnt helped. how to fix that?

13 Replies

FP Francis Paul Antony Raj Syncfusion Team July 12, 2016 05:18 AM UTC

Hi Lukas, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

To configure our controls in Visual Studio Toolbox, run the Syncfusion Toolbox Installer from the dashboard 14.2.0.26. 
Please follow the below steps to run Toolbox Installer: 
Open the Syncfusion Dashboard -> Click Utilities -> Toolbox Configuration -> Click Toolbox Installer 

For more information about the ‘Toolbox Configuration' utility, please refer the below link  

Note: Before run this utility, ensure to close the Visual Studio Projects. 

Regards, 
Francis Paul A 

LM Lukas Mueller July 12, 2016 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Francis, 

thanks for the fast answer.
I forgot to say, that I already did this a few times, but without success.

FP Francis Paul Antony Raj Syncfusion Team July 12, 2016 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Lukas,  

We are sorry for the inconvenience.  

In order to resolve the reported issue, please try the below steps.  

1. Close all Visual Studio running instances.  

2. Remove the *.tbd files except the toolbox.tbd from the following location:  

C:\Users(user name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\{Visual Studio version}  

Example:  
C:\Users(user name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0  

3. Reconfigure the Visual Studio toolbox by following the steps suggested in the following documentation link.  

4. Re-open the Visual Studio environment. Now the Visual Studio Toolbox will be configured properly with icons.  

If the issue is not resolved yet, please follow the steps in the below documentation link to manually configure the tool box and let us know whether the icons were loaded or not.  

Regards, 
Francis Paul A 

LM Lukas Mueller July 12, 2016 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Francis,

did booth more than once, but it still doesnt work :(

Regards,
Lukas

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team July 13, 2016 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Lucas, 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. 

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end. We are able to load the toolbox with icons for Syncfusion controls in Visual Studio 2015. 

This issue may occur, when using the large DPI settings. We would suggest to change the DPI settings to smaller option, if it is set to largest one(For Windows 8 and Windows 10). 

Once you have changed the DPI setting, please restart the Visual Studio with administrator privileges and Reset the toolbox.  

If this is also not worked, please follow the below steps to completely reset the toolbox, 

1. Open the below location and view all the hidden files. Then delete all the .tbd files from the following path.  

TBD files path : %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ 

2. Reconfigure the tool box by following the steps suggested in the below documentation link, 

Doing so will configure our Syncfusion controls in toolbox and we hope that icons will be loaded this time.  

Regards, 
Manivannan S.

LM Lukas Mueller July 13, 2016 02:33 PM UTC

Hi Manivannan,

sadly, it didnt worked. I am using a Surface Book 4 with an Intel i5 and a nVidia GPU. The resolution is 3000x2000 with 150% scale, and a secondary 4k screen wiithout scaling (100%). It doesnt work :(
Visual Studio is running on the 4k screen.

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team July 14, 2016 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Lucas,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We have tried reproducing this error in various possibilities and we are unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end.

We suspect that this might be the issue with Visual Studio 2015. Could you please let us know whether the icons are not available only for Syncfusion controls or all the other Microsoft controls in Visual Studio? If the icons are available for Microsoft controls, please share us the screen shot of it.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

LM Lukas Mueller July 14, 2016 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Manivannan,

I uploaded two pictures, one with microsofts controls and your controls, and the second with your controls and other custom controls. it works fine, but not with yours :(

Regards,
Lukas

btw: Its a "K" in my name ;)

Attachment: pictures_d79d11d8.zip

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team July 18, 2016 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Lukas,

A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

MA Mateusz December 16, 2016 11:55 AM UTC

The same problem for me.

I have already did all written here:
https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/124988/no-icons-in-toolbox
nothing.
I even formatted my whole drive.
Installed windows 10 with all newest updates.
Installed vs 2015 update 3 community.
Installed syncfusion and nothing more.
Still - no icons in toolbox, why?
exactly like here:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/124988/ze/pictures_d79d11d8

KS Kathiresan Subramaniam Syncfusion Team December 19, 2016 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Mateusz,

A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

AA Antonio Augusto April 25, 2020 07:09 PM UTC

Good afternoon

I did these instructions and for me the icons reappeared

1º I changed the resolution from 125% to 100%
2nd I deleted the .tbd files from the folder C: \ Users \ UserName \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ VisualStudio \ 15.0_82faf15d
3rd I added the syncfusion toolbox again

Then I did the test to return the resolution to 125% and the icons remained in the Toolbox, I use VS 2017

CH Christopher Hirudayasamy Syncfusion Team May 7, 2020 05:45 AM UTC

Hi Mateusz,

We are happy that the problem has been solved. Please get back to us anytime if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Christopher H. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon