We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Fixed width candle series

When the size of the SfChart is changed, the items (in this case, candles) are also resized. Is there a way to make the width of the candles static so they do not change when resizing the SfChart. Basically, can I force the candles to always be X pixels wide?

5 Replies

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team July 12, 2016 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Ron, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We are able to achieve the fixed candle segment width by setting the Width property for SfChart.   

Code example: 
[XAML] 

<chart:SfChart  Width="700" > 

In addition to this, we are able to adjust the spacing of candle segments as like below code example. 
Code example: 
[XAML] 

<chart:CandleSeries x:Name="candleSeries" chart:ChartSeriesBase.Spacing="0" > 

Regards, 
Devi 

RO ron July 14, 2016 07:42 PM UTC

Hi Devi,

I don't actually want to fix the width of the chart, only the candles within it. As an example, if the chart is initially 500px wide and the candles within the chart are 50px wide, then I would expect to see 10 candles. If I then start to increase the width of the chart, I would expect more candles to appear, but I would still expect all the candles to still be 50px wide.

Hope that makes sense.

Ron.

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team July 18, 2016 04:10 PM UTC

Hi Ron, 

Thanks for your update. 

We have achieved your requirement in workaround. Please download the sample from below link, 

Regards, 
Devi 

RO ron July 18, 2016 08:05 PM UTC

Hi Devi,

Thanks for the info. I now have enough information to achieve what I wanted to achieve.

Ron.

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team July 19, 2016 04:57 AM UTC

Hi Ron, 

Thanks for your update. 

Please contact us, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Devi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon