We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using WPF Theme Studio for styling standard framework controls

Hi! I've not found the specific section for WPF Theme Studio then I've posted as general inquire.
I've personalized the theme using this tool. I've exported and now I can see two folder "Framework Controls" and "Syncfusion Controls"
I've find explanation and example for merge Syncfusion Controls, but I can't find no example with "MS control.xaml" added to a project.
I've try to add it to my project but it give me several error and missing reference.
Is it possible to see an example with personalized standard framework control using the "MS control.xaml" file generated to WPF Theme Studio?
Thanks!

7 Replies

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team July 7, 2016 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Gianni,

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement. In this sample, we have used some MS Controls (Button,ListBox,TextBlock and Label) and SfRadialMenu, also added the ThemeStudio generated files Ms control.xaml and SfRadialMenu.xaml using the ResourceDictionary in App.xaml. Please download the sample from the link below.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/124891/ze/MsControlTSSample1187625355.zip  

We have to include PresentationFramework.Aero assembly when we are including the MS Control.xaml file. Please ensure it and let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team July 14, 2016 08:29 AM UTC

Ok, starting from your example I was able to go on but I notice to you that generated file on WPF theme studio it have a lot of more code and it need to be cut off to make it work without errors.
Also I notice to you that I'm no able to import on WPF THEME STUDIO my exported theme because the application crash with unexpected error!
I'm workin with ESSENTIAL STUDIO VERSION 14.1.0.41
Regards

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team July 18, 2016 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Gianni,

Thank you for your update.

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue in version 14.1.0.41. Could you please share the below details

1. How did you export the Theme files(Export by selecting a particular control or using SelectAll option), can you explain with a video?
2. How did you import the exported xaml file in your application?
3. What did you edit in that exported xaml files?
4. Why did you change the lines?

If we have misunderstood your query, please provide the steps to reproduce the reported issue? It will helps for us to analyze and provide you a prompt solution as early as possible.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team July 19, 2016 02:00 PM UTC

1. Start Syncfusion Dashboard (Essential Studio version 14.1.0.41)
  2. Start Studio>WPF>Run WPF Them Studio Application
  3. Click Framework Controls
  4. Click Export and then export without select anything
  5. Try to import the exported .wpft file crash the application
  6. Looking at generated file /Framework Controls/MS control.xaml there is some bad code, for example StartPoint="0;0" instead StartPoint="0,0" also coping and pasting the generated code fixing this errors give me a lot of more code than your example and this fire a lot of exception

I've fixed cutting off extra code comparing your example with this generated file and fixing StartPoint and EndPoint bad code and then work fine.

Thanks!

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team July 20, 2016 04:34 PM UTC

Hi Gianni,

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue with ThemeStudio in our latest version [14.2.0.26]. Could you please upgrade to our latest version in order to issue get resolved? Please check the below video that shows no crash occurs after importing .wpft file.

Video:Videonew

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team July 21, 2016 03:14 PM UTC

Hi, I've installed latest version [14.2.0.26] of ThemeStudio but the issue is still there. I've made a video to show you better.
Video: CapturedVideo

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team July 22, 2016 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Gianni,

We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents 

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon