We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Edit control slow with lots of text

I have tried to use the Edit control with a large file, and it becomes so slow it is unusable. The text file is about 1.5 megs. Typing is extreamly slow, and scrolling anywhere is extreamly slow. This happens with the demos, as well as my test app. Is there something that I can do to speed it up? Thanks Jeff

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2004 03:26 PM UTC

Hi Jeff, Which version of Essential Edit are you currently using? Currently there is a lot of development work being done on Essential Edit with focus on improving it''s architecture and extensibility. This will also have an impact on it''s ability to handle large files. We will post details as more information becomes available. In the mean time do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2004 05:47 PM UTC

I am just using the demo that is available for eval. I have seen that you are working on a v2.0. So you think that one might solve this issue? Is there any rough timeframe for v2.0. Are we talking weeks or months. Jeff >Hi Jeff, > >Which version of Essential Edit are you currently using? Currently there is a lot of development work being done on Essential Edit with focus on improving it''s architecture and extensibility. This will also have an impact on it''s ability to handle large files. We will post details as more information becomes available. In the mean time do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. > >Regards >Arun > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 1, 2004 08:34 PM UTC

Hi Jeff Essential Suite 2.0 is shipping soon, but the changes in Essential Edit that I mentioned in my earlier posting will be post 2.0. Kindly send us an email at salessupport@syncfusion.com if you have any further questions. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2004 12:38 PM UTC

Do you have timeframe for the new version of the edit control?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon