We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Some issues and confusions about QAT

Issue:
I add a BackStageCommandButton, named as "Stop", and add a RibbonButton "Stop" in QATMenuItems, I find that there are two "Stop" and "Save" items in left list box of Customize Quick Access Toolbar window.

Confusion 1:
How to add More Commands menu item into QATMenuItems?

Confusion 2:
In Customize QAT window, not all ribbon buttons list in left box when All Command is activated, is that a bug?

I upload my sample for you to reproduce it.  Thank you.

Attachment: QAT_Issue_adf5e9fe.zip

11 Replies

HZ Hongbin Zou July 2, 2016 08:20 AM UTC

@Nick Tang Sorry for the off-thread, but I can clearly see that the Ribbon control in the second image is not rendered with ClearType (see FILE/INSERT/HOME etc.). This seems identical to my post here:

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/124731/cleartype-doesn39t-work-with-some-window-types

I can also see the SimSun font in your picture, so maybe we are both from China. Can you enable ClearType for Ribbon control in your machine? or reproduce all the issues I mentioned in my post?

NT Nick Tang July 4, 2016 01:16 AM UTC

I have a screenshot for you, all options were setted as you wanted, but there were no changes on GUI after setting TextOptions.TextRenderingMode as "ClearType".

NT Nick Tang July 4, 2016 01:34 AM UTC

Another two issues about QAT,

Issue1: In Customize Quick Access Toolbar window, the icon of some item in the right list box display incorrect, see following screenshot, actually, the two items in red rectangle have icon in ribbonbar.

Reproduce steps:
1. Run demo, right click ribbon button "Paste" in Home tab, hit menu item "Add to Quick Access Toolbar"
2. Open window "Customize Quick Access Toolbar"
3. The item Paste lists in right box with an incorrect icon

PB Priyanga Balasubramaniam Syncfusion Team July 4, 2016 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Nick,

We have analyzed your queries and checked your sample. Please find the response for your queries below.

Query#1:"I find that there are two "Stop" and "Save" items in left list box of Customize Quick Access Toolbar window".

We have checked your query, Stop and Save items are used in QAT menu items and also used in BackStage Items. So two items are added in left list box of Customize Quick Access Toolbar window. To hide one of this item we can use "Ribbon.ShowInMoreCommands" property by setting to "False". You can also synchronize these items by setting same command for both items using "RibbonCommandManager.SynchronizedItem" property. This will avoid adding the same item twice.

Query#2:"How to add More Commands menu item into QATMenuItems?"

Can add "More Commands" option to QATMenuItems by setting “EnableMoreCommands” property to "True" for the Ribbon control.

Query#3: "In Customize QAT window, not all ribbon buttons list in left box when All Command is activated, is that a bug?"

In your last updated sample for some controls set “Ribbon.ShowInMoreCommands” property to "False". So those items are not listed in MoreCommands Window. We have modified your last updated sample by setting “Ribbon.ShowInMoreCommands” property to "True" for all the Ribbon items. Please download the sample from the below location.

Sample: Ribbon_Sample

Query#4: "In Customize Quick Access Toolbar window, the icon of some item in the right list box display incorrect"

We were able to reproduce the issue with your updated sample and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Regards,
Priyanga B

NT Nick Tang July 6, 2016 09:03 AM UTC

Thank you a lot, my problems are resolved.

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team July 6, 2016 09:12 AM UTC

Hi Nick, 

Thanks for your update 

Please let us know if you need further assistance 

Regards, 
Mariappan S 

NT Nick Tang July 7, 2016 08:11 AM UTC

Hi, I have another problem about the QAT. I can add two same ribbon button items into right list box in the customize quick access toolbar window, eventhough I set the property syncfusion:RibbonCommandManager.SynchronizedItem, please see following screenshot:

I upload my test project for you. Reproduce steps:
1. Run the process, open Customize Quick Access Toolbar, click Reset button
2. Double click the Print and Stop item
3. The Print and Stop items are added into right listbox
4. The result is the screenshot

Attachment: QATTest_82414316.zip

NT Nick Tang July 7, 2016 09:59 AM UTC

Another way to reproduce the problem:
1. Run demo, open more commands window, reset all commands, close the demo process
2. Restart demo, open more commands window, there are two items [Stop] [Print] in the tight listbox, add two items [Stop] [Print] from the left listbox to right listbox.

PB Priyanga Balasubramaniam Syncfusion Team July 8, 2016 07:08 AM UTC

Hi Nick,

We were able to reproduce the issue with your last updated sample and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Regards,
Priyanga B

NT Nick Tang July 8, 2016 07:41 AM UTC

Thanks for you verification, but I have another problem about QAT.

I bind the property "IsEnabled" of the ribbon button "Stop" in the QAT to the BackStageCommandButton "Stop", erverything is good until I reconfig the QAT through Customize QAT window, the binding between two buttons seems to be broken. I upload a sample for you to reproduce this issue.

Reproduce steps:
1. Run demo, click ribbon button "Enable/Disable " in Home tab, the status of the two ribbon buttons "Stop" "Print" in the QAT will be switch to be enabled/disabled
2. Open customize QAT window, remove the two buttons "Stop" "Print" from the right list box, add the button "Enable/Disable" into right list box, click OK button to close the window
3. Open customize QAT window again, add the two buttons "Stop" "Print" into the right list box, click OK button to close the window
4. Click the button "Enable/Disable", the status of the two buttons "Print" "Print" in QAT is not changed

Expected result: The status of the two buttons "Stop" "Print" in the QAT should be changed

Attachment: QATTest_ca351a90.zip

PB Priyanga Balasubramaniam Syncfusion Team July 11, 2016 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Nick,

We were able to reproduce the issue with your last updated sample and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Note: We request you to create support incidents using your direct-trac account to get the faster response.

Regards,
Priyanga B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon