We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

ReportPath in other Assembly and Localization

Hi,

I'm trying to configure the ReportPath property to load a RDLC report that is in another assembly. I have tried to use the full assembly name (ES.Trainfor.Example.Module.Report.ReportSample.rdlc) in the same way the ReportViewer control from Microsoft does but seems unable to find the report and always get the same error:
"The source of the report has not been specified"

I assign the ReportPath property and the ProcessingMode to Local.

Is there a specific way to set the ReportPath when the report file is in another assembly/project?

And another ReportViewer related question: what is the way to localize the control? There is no information in the documentation about how to do it for this control, or no resource file I could find for it.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 4, 2016 09:47 AM UTC

Hi David, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 
                                                                                         Response 
I'm trying to configure the ReportPath property to load a RDLC report that is in another assembly. I have tried to use the full assembly name (ES.Trainfor.Example.Module.Report.ReportSample.rdlc) in the same way the ReportViewer control from Microsoft does but seems unable to find the report and always get the same error: 
"The source of the report has not been specified"

I assign the ReportPath property and the ProcessingMode to Local.

Is there a specific way to set the ReportPath when the report file is in another assembly/project?

You can retrieve the report as resource stream and load it to ReportViewer using  LoadReport API as shown in the below code snippet. 

Assembly assembly = typeof(ReportAssembly.MainWindow).GetTypeInfo().Assembly; 

Stream stream = assembly.GetManifestResourceStream("ReportAssembly.ReportTemplate.Company Sales.rdlc"); 

Syncfusion.Windows.Reports.Viewer.ReportViewer viewer= mainWindow.FindName("viewer") as Syncfusion.Windows.Reports.Viewer.ReportViewer; 

viewer.DataSources.Add(new ReportDataSource("Sales", new ReportAssembly.AdventureWorks().GetDataTable())); 

viewer.LoadReport(stream); 

We have prepared a sample based on this and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

And another ReportViewer related question: what is the way to localize the control? There is no information in the documentation about how to do it for this control, or no resource file I could find for it. 
We have prepared a sample to localize the Report Viewer control using “es-ES” culture. It can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth.S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon