We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Scheduler saving

I'm new to the scheduler control and am trying to figure out how to actually save appointment information to the database. The only thing I've been able to find is to use the WebApi method for data binding. Is this the only way to save information to the database?
Thank you,
Binu Agrawal

6 Replies

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team June 29, 2016 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Binu, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

WebApi method for data binding is the best way to perform CRUD operation in Scheduler LightSwitch sample and for the same we have prepared the sample which can be downloaded from the following location: 

In the above sample, when the CRUD operation is performed on Scheduler it will reflect in data base too. Kindly refer to the following link to know more about performing CRUD operation.  

Regards, 
Karthigeyan 

BA Binu Agrawal July 7, 2016 03:51 PM UTC

Karthigeyan,

Thank you for your response.  I have been able to implement the WebAPI solution and am properly saving appointment events.  I have a new issue though.  After making an edit on an appointment, the AllDay appointments disappear off of the screen.  The non-AllDay are refreshing properly after a save.  I have to refresh the collection to bring all of the appointments back.  Do you have any insight into why the AllDay appointments are falling off after a save?

Thank you,
Binu Agrawal

SE Sellakumar Syncfusion Team July 8, 2016 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Binu, 

Thanks for your update. 

The cause of the disappearing of the All-day appointments may occur due to the current server context was not disposed properly. It can be resolved by passing the proper return values from the CRUD method. The changes has been shown in the below highlighted code snippet. 

<code> 

[System.Web.Http.ActionName("Crud")] 
        [AcceptVerbs("POST")] 
        // Method to perform the crud Operation 
        public List<FormModel> Crud(EditParams param) 
        { 
            using (ServerApplicationContext context = ServerApplicationContext.CreateContext()) 
            { 
               --------------------------------- 

} 
            return GetData(); 
        } 
</code> 

The complete working sample can be downloaded from the below location: 

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Sellakumar K

BA Binu Agrawal July 8, 2016 03:27 PM UTC

Karthigeyan,

Thank you again for your quick response.  I really appreciate your help.  So as it turns out, it had something to do with the js files I was using.  I noticed in your sample that you referenced the script files via the cdn.syncfusion.com domain.  My solution was using referencing files that were located on the hard drive.  Perhaps there was an update to the ej.web.all.min.js file somewhere along the way that I didn't get.  The other jquery files reference the same revision as I have.  

Thanks again for your help.

Binu Agrawal

BA Binu Agrawal July 8, 2016 03:29 PM UTC

Sorry, I forgot to mention in the last post that my issue is resolved.  The all day appointments are now retaining.

Thank you,
Binu Agrawal

MP Mahesh Palanisamy Syncfusion Team July 11, 2016 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Binu 

Thanks for your update.  

We are glad to hear that your reported problem got resolved. Please let us know, if you need any other assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Mahesh 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon