We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Datalist inside

I'm using this code to get images..

<asp:DataList ID ="dlImages" runat ="server" RepeatDirection="Horizontal" RepeatColumns="5">
                                             <ItemTemplate>
                                                <asp:Image Width="50" Height ="50" ID="Image1" ImageUrl='<%# Bind("Name", "~/_COMMON/Images/UMA/{0}") %>' runat="server" />
                                                <br />
                                                <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" Text='<%# Bind("Name") %>' NavigateUrl='<%# Bind("Name", "~/_COMMON/Images/UMA/{0}") %>' runat="server"/>
                                            </ItemTemplate>
   </asp:DataList>               

It works fine, but when i put tab around it, i keep getting an error:
Additional information: Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control.

I don't understand what it has to do with tab control?!

3 Replies

DT Dhivyalakshmi Thirumurugan Syncfusion Team June 24, 2016 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Hrvoje, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

The reported issue  “Datalist inside Tab control” is a known issue and it has been fixed and included in 2016 Volume 2 release v14.2.0.26  which is rolled out and now it is available for download under the following link. 

Please let us know if u have any queries. 

Regards, 
Dhivyalakshmi. 

HV Hrvoje Voda June 27, 2016 07:33 AM UTC

Now I'm getting an error for Grid control:

error BC30560: 'Grid' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web'. ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException (0x80004005): 

I'm using this property in code behind:

Public Property Grid() As Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web.Grid
        Get
            Return grd
        End Get
        Set(ByVal value As Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web.Grid)
            grd = value
        End Set
    End Property

AS Abinaya Subbiah Syncfusion Team June 28, 2016 08:31 AM UTC

Hi Hrvoje, 

The reported issue has occurred due to mismatching of DLL version in sample. Refer the DLL’s which are corresponding to .Net Framework version and check the ‘bin’ folder to know which DLL is referred in sample. Refer to the following table for DLL reference.   

.Net Frame Work Version   
DLL Reference   

Please follow the below steps:   

1.      Open the Syncfusion Essential Studio and click on Explore sample.   
2.      Click on samples and open web folder, you will get the bin folder inside.   
3.      Check the version of DLL inside the bin folder.   

DLL version should match the frame work version that you have used. And also, please check the webconfig file in your sample.   
All the assemblies referred inside the webconfig file should match your .NET framework.   

Regards,   
Abinaya S   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon