We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl deploy to user problem

Hi :

today, I try to deploy some dll module to user, While I have test with my computer it have no problem, but when I deploy the customer it prompt the error as below
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Possible incorrect RelationDescriptor.ChildTableName for Relation TenantSource.
Engine.SourceListSet[TenantSource] returned null.
Did you forget to call Engine.SourceListSet.Add(new SourceListSetEntry(TenantSource, list)
or did you specify a wrong ChildTableName?
Valid ChildTableName entries are: 
   at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.EnsureSourceList()
   at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.BaseEnsureInitialized(Object sender, Boolean notifyParent)
   at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.EnsureInitialized(Object sender, Boolean notifyParent)
   at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.get_FilteredChildTableOrTopLevelGroup()
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridNestedTableControl.get_CurrentCell()
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl..ctor(GridModel model)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridNestedTableControl..ctor(GridTableModel model, GridTableControl parentGrid, GridNestedTableControlCellRenderer parentRenderer)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridEngine.CreateNestedTableControl(GridTableModel relatedTableModel, GridTableControl parentGrid, GridNestedTableControlCellRenderer parentRenderer)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl.CreateNestedTableControl(GridTableModel relatedTableModel, GridTableControl parentGrid, GridNestedTableControlCellRenderer parentRenderer)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridNestedTableControlCellRenderer..ctor(GridControlBase grid, GridCellModelBase cellModel)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridNestedTableControlCellModel.CreateRenderer(GridControlBase control)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererCollection.get_Item(String key)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.Initialize()
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl.OptimizeLoadTime()
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl.f_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

From my code, I have create the function and put it on Form new() function as below

With gcc_Tenant
                Dim parentToChildRelationDescriptor As New GridRelationDescriptor

parentToChildRelationDescriptor.ChildTableName = "TenantSource"
                parentToChildRelationDescriptor.RelationKind = RelationKind.RelatedMasterDetails
                parentToChildRelationDescriptor.RelationKeys.Add("ID", "iCpID")

.TableDescriptor.Relations.Add(parentToChildRelationDescriptor)

End With

If I add the code , messagebox.box("hello...") at the end of this function, the customer have no above error. can you advise what's problem in side

Thanks

Michael

8 Replies

MK Michael K replied to Michael K June 27, 2016 03:47 PM UTC

Hi :

today, I try to deploy some dll module to user, While I have test with my computer it have no problem, but when I deploy the customer it prompt the error as below
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Possible incorrect RelationDescriptor.ChildTableName for Relation TenantSource.
Engine.SourceListSet[TenantSource] returned null.
Did you forget to call Engine.SourceListSet.Add(new SourceListSetEntry(TenantSource, list)
or did you specify a wrong ChildTableName?
Valid ChildTableName entries are: 
   at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.EnsureSourceList()
   at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.BaseEnsureInitialized(Object sender, Boolean notifyParent)
   at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.EnsureInitialized(Object sender, Boolean notifyParent)
   at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.get_FilteredChildTableOrTopLevelGroup()
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridNestedTableControl.get_CurrentCell()
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl..ctor(GridModel model)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridNestedTableControl..ctor(GridTableModel model, GridTableControl parentGrid, GridNestedTableControlCellRenderer parentRenderer)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridEngine.CreateNestedTableControl(GridTableModel relatedTableModel, GridTableControl parentGrid, GridNestedTableControlCellRenderer parentRenderer)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl.CreateNestedTableControl(GridTableModel relatedTableModel, GridTableControl parentGrid, GridNestedTableControlCellRenderer parentRenderer)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridNestedTableControlCellRenderer..ctor(GridControlBase grid, GridCellModelBase cellModel)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridNestedTableControlCellModel.CreateRenderer(GridControlBase control)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererCollection.get_Item(String key)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridTableControl.Initialize()
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl.OptimizeLoadTime()
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl.f_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

From my code, I have create the function and put it on Form new() function as below

With gcc_Tenant
                Dim parentToChildRelationDescriptor As New GridRelationDescriptor

parentToChildRelationDescriptor.ChildTableName = "TenantSource"
                parentToChildRelationDescriptor.RelationKind = RelationKind.RelatedMasterDetails
                parentToChildRelationDescriptor.RelationKeys.Add("ID", "iCpID")

.TableDescriptor.Relations.Add(parentToChildRelationDescriptor)

End With

If I add the code , messagebox.box("hello...") at the end of this function, the customer have no above error. can you advise what's problem in side

Thanks

Michael

Hi all :

For more information, even I try to compile it and run on exe on my development machine, it also have this problem
Only if I add messagebox.show before open the form, it normal

and I have try to add relation in the design time, it also not work

Thanks

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team June 28, 2016 02:37 PM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We had analyzed your reported scenario. Unfortunately we could not able to reproduce your reported scenario. Here we have provided the sample based on your scenario.  We need some more details about your issue. Could you please provide us with the following details,  
1.                                                                                    1. Can you please ensure whether the reported issue is reproducing in the attached sample?  
2.                                                                                    2. Could you please modify the sample with your customization we missed. 
3.                                                                                     
Sample link 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

MK Michael K June 30, 2016 02:35 AM UTC

Hi Piruthiviraj:

I have get the cause of problem, it should GCC Grid cannot add relations on form initialize function, as datasource is null. I have amend the code, check if the GCC have non null data source and then add relations in the GCC. Then no problem as well.

For another question, if the datasource have data bind to GCC, while I set the datasource = null, all column style format , header appearing setting are also remove, how to prevent it ?

Pls advice

Thanks a lot 

Michael

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team June 30, 2016 01:47 PM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have created the simple sample for GridGroupingControl with binding source. Usually, when GridGroupingControl.DataSource is set to null, the control will be complete empty and BindingSource.DataSource is set to null, column values will be null but column header will display. Please let us know your requirement clearly or provide us with the screen shot of your customization and output. Please refer the attached sample. 

Sample link 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

MK Michael K July 1, 2016 08:34 AM UTC

Hi Piruthiviraj: 

Any way thanks for your help first, I will provide this code to you once the code ready

thanks

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team July 4, 2016 08:40 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for your update. 

We will wait until hear back from you. 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

MK Michael K July 4, 2016 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Piruthiviraj :

Thanks for your help, it seem binding issue have fix, and now turn into cells focus issue (refer thread id :  124817)
as we want to do more user friendly on grid entry.

I would like discuss on that thread

Thanks for your help

Michael

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team July 5, 2016 04:10 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for your update. 

Please let us know if you have any queries for further assistance. 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon