We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Combobox column with Checkbox and calculated row

Hello,
I'm trying to add inside a combobox column a checkbox near each voice like in the normal combobox control with multiple choice, but I still haven't found a solution.
After this, when the user close the dropdownmenu, the text inside the row must be a combination of the multi selection (example: the user check the 3 voice     TB,TC,TD => in the row there will be written TB - TC - TD.

Thanks for your attention,
Regards

3 Replies

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team June 28, 2016 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Bertuzzi, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We don’t have inbuilt support for adding the Checked list box cell type. The checkbox list can be used inside of the combobox dropdown by using the custom cell renderer and custom cell model.  We have already provided the dashboard sample for adding the CheckBox list in to the combobox with GridControl. Here we have provided the sample with GridGroupingControl. In this sample , we have customized the GridStaticCellModel and GridStaticCellRenderer to create the custom cell type. Please refer to the attached sample. 

Code snippet 
//Adding the custom cell model. 
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.CellModels.Add("DropDownUserControl", new DropDownUserCellModel(this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel, new DropDownUser())); 
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Description"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "DropDownUserControl"

Sample link 

Dashboard sample location 
<InstalledLocation>Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\<Version Number>\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Custom Cell Types\Drop Down Cell Demo 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

BM Bertuzzi Mario June 28, 2016 12:53 PM UTC

Hello,

Thanks for the quick answer, I've already found that sample but the big issue is that my List can change meanwhile the runtime, since it derivates from a DataTable.
I'm trying with the Model and the Renderer to create a Custom CellType with a ComboDropDown and a TreeViewAdv used as PopUpControl.
Unfortunately even if the tree is populated, when I press the button it doesn't appear the dropdown menu.
I'll attach the class DropDownCheckedList where the Custom CellType is created and the function called from the Form when activated.

Regards

Attachment: Code_abb12c08.7z

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team June 29, 2016 05:24 PM UTC

Hi Bertuzzi, 

Thank you for your update. 

We had analyzed your reported query in our end, we believe that your requirement is to update the combobox dropdown values dynamically for the modified value in from the data source. Please refer to the below KB for updating the combobox values dynamically. If this is not your requirement, please revert us with your sample or modify the attached sample with your customization, so that we could provide you the prompt solution at the earliest. 

KB link: 

Sample: 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon