We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

how to use parameter on reportviewer ASP.NET MVC 5

Dears,
Greeting!
I have been working on Syncfusion Essential Studio Report Designer, I can be able to design .rdl reports and integrate with my MVC 5 application. but I am facing some difficulties, while using parameters. I have added the parameter I want on my report, the parameter is displayed on the report, but it is not working. would you please assist me on this
here is the screenshot of the report

Regards,

7 Replies

DE demis June 23, 2016 08:05 AM UTC

sorry for the inconvenience. here is the link to the screenshot of the report

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzNtrMxL5QkteXE1c0tlaEhCdW8/view?pref=2&pli=1

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team June 24, 2016 05:54 AM UTC

Hi Demis, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

The mentioned issue might have occurred due to some external CSS style overridden on the parameter block style of your application. We have prepared a sample with query parameter and it can be downloaded from the below location,   

Please refer to the below UG documentation link to create sample in ASP.MVC, 

You can obtain the ASP.Net MVC ReportViewer samples from the below build installed location,   
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\version\MVC\reportsamples   

Please share the below details to replicate the mentioned issue.   
1)      Share the referred CSS’s to check the parameter block style issue.   
2)      Provide us the used query parameter and parameter details.   
3)      Confirm your product version.   

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

DE demis June 24, 2016 10:50 AM UTC

Dear Yuvaraj D.

Thank you for your info!

I have seen all the resources that you have shared. what i faced is when i click View Report button, the result displaying is not actually based on the filter  parameter data, it displays all the data,

Regards,

DE demis June 24, 2016 11:03 AM UTC

Here is additional information,

Here is the query from report designer side. 

<Query>
<ElementPath>Root /S {@FullName,  @StartDate ,@ActionType,@EndDate,@ActionReason}}
</ElementPath>
<XmlData>
<Root>
<S FullName="Abebe"  StartDate="01-01-2016" ActionType="Hiring" EndDate="1" ActionReason="Vacant"/>

</Root>
</XmlData>
</Query>

Here is the code from the view side

@Html.AntiForgeryToken()
    @(Html.EJ().ReportViewer("reportviewer").ProcessingMode(Syncfusion.JavaScript.ReportViewerEnums.ProcessingMode.Local).ReportPath("~/App_Data/HumanResource/EmpAction.rdl").ReportServiceUrl("/api/ReportAPI").DataSources(t => t.Name("DataSet1").Value(ViewData["DataSet1"]).Add()))

Here is the data from controller action

ViewData["DataSet1"] = employeeRep.GetEmpActionRep();
            return View();

I have also attached the rdl file

Thank You!

Attachment: EmpAction_8932323d.zip

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team June 27, 2016 08:50 AM UTC

Hi Demis, 

We can achieve your requirement to override the View Report Click and doAjaxPost method in your CSHTML page to filter values based on parameter as shown in below code example. 

JS: 
ej.ReportViewer.prototype._viewReportParamsClick = function (event) { 
           var proxy = $('#reportsample').data('ejReportViewer'); 
           var parameters = event.data.params; 
           var reportParams = proxy._getParameterJson(parameters); 
           proxy._refresh = true; 
           $('#' + proxy._id + '_viewBlockContainer .e-reportviewer-viewerblockcontent table:first').attr('isviewclick', 'true'); 
           _params = reportParams;          
           proxy._refreshReport(); 
       } 

WebAPI: 
public void OnReportLoaded(ReportViewerOptions reportOption) 
        { 
            var parameters = new List<Syncfusion.Reports.EJ.ReportParameter>(); 
            if (System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Items.Contains("parakey")) 
            { 
                parameters = new System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer().Deserialize<List<Syncfusion.Reports.EJ.ReportParameter>>(System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Items["parakey"].ToString()); 
                System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Items.Remove("parakey"); 
            } 

reportOption.ReportModel.Parameters = parameters; 
            if (parameters != null && parameters.Count > 0) 
            { 
                reportOption.ReportModel.DataSources.Clear(); 
                reportOption.ReportModel.DataSources.Add(new ReportDataSource { Name = "StoreSales", Value = StoreSales.GetData(parameters[0].Values[0]) }); 
            } 
            else 
            { 
                reportOption.ReportModel.DataSources.Clear(); 
                reportOption.ReportModel.DataSources.Add(new ReportDataSource { Name = "StoreSales", Value = StoreSales.GetData("GA") }); 
            } 
        } 

We have prepared the sample and it can be downloaded from below location, 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

DE demis June 28, 2016 07:22 AM UTC

Dear Yuvaraj D. 

Greeting!

Thank you for your quick replay, i think it will help me, but i am unable to download the file, 

Regards,

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team June 29, 2016 06:45 AM UTC

Hi Demis, 

We are able to download the previously shared download link and the mentioned problem might have occurred due to slow network connection. So, please check your network connection. For your convenience, we have again uploaded the sample and it can be downloaded from the below location,   

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon