We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

String array

Hello! Could you help me to show and edit a string array in the property grid?

7 Replies

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team June 22, 2016 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have prepared a sample which tries to meet your requirement. In this sample we have used Custom Editor to display String Collection in the AutoComplete control.

Sample:PropertyGridSample

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

AL Alex June 22, 2016 05:37 PM UTC

Hi! Thanks! But I want to edit this string array in a separate window. I think I need to change AutoComplete control to something else, don't I?

PB Priyanga Balasubramaniam Syncfusion Team June 23, 2016 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

We have analyzed your requirement. We can show the collection by bind to any ItemsControl using Custom Editor, but we cannot populate the array values to separate editors in our PropertyGrid control, since it displays only the properties of the selected object.

Regards,
Priyanga B

AL Alex June 23, 2016 05:28 PM UTC

How can I add elements to this array in that case?

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team June 24, 2016 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Alex,

As we have already mentioned in our previous update, we cannot populate collection values to separate editors. To meet your requirement of editing the item in the collection, we have prepared a work around sample. In this sample we have used TreeViewAdv control as CustomEditor to display the collection. Here you can edit the Header of the selected item by clicking it.

Sample:PropertyGridSample

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

AL Alex June 28, 2016 07:02 PM UTC

Ok, Thanks!

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team June 29, 2016 07:11 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Thank you for your update. 

Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon