We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Adding Scrollviewer to SfAccordion

How can we add scrollviewer to sfaccordion? My accordion contains large data grids, which spill over and there is no way to scroll down. How can it be done? Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team June 21, 2016 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Aayush,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have prepared a sample based on your update.In this sample we have set SfDataGrid as ContentTemplate for the SfAccordion and loaded collection of data into that SfDataGrid control.Here we are able to scroll Accordion with the ScrollViewer.

Sample: SfAccordionUWPSample

Please share more information such as issue replication steps or modifying the above sample to illustrate the issue. This would help us to proceed further.

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

AG Aayush Gupta June 21, 2016 01:08 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. As you mentioned, the scrollviewer works fine on your sample. I have modified the sample and added a new page, NewPage.xaml, which is similar to my requirements. The scrollviewer does not work on this page. Please look at it and respond. Thanks in advance.

Attachment: SfAccordionUWPSample_9f3e5c57.rar

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team June 22, 2016 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Aayush,

We have checked the sample which you have provided. In that sample, you have set the Height for the control as Auto in the RowDefinition.Due to this, Height for the Items is set beyond the window size

To avoid this you can set the Height to ”*” for SfAccrodion. We have also created a sample for the same, please download the sample from the below link.

Sample:SfAccordionUWPSample

We have checked the behavior by replacing ListBox instead of SfAccordion. In this also we could see same behavior.

Please download the sample from below link

Sample:ListBoxUWPSample

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

AG Aayush Gupta June 24, 2016 10:38 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. The issue was resolved successfully! Thanks a lot! I had one more issue. The datagrid in  the sample which i uploaded is not adaptive. As such, if the datagrid is not inside the accordion, its adaptive automatically. By adaptive, i mean that its not resizing automatically when i resize the window. Is there any way to solve this? Thanks is advance.

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team June 27, 2016 09:21 AM UTC

Hi Aayush,

In the last updated sample, you have bound the ActualWidth of the Parent Grid to the Child Grid which is the parent of the SfDataGrid control. So the SfDatagrid does not resize automatically. Now we have modified the sample by removing the Grid's width. Here the control resizes according to the window 

Sample: SfAccordionUWPSample

Regards,
M.Sugapriya  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon