We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

sfDataGrid with 45 columns

Hi SyncFusion team,

We are evaluating the best components to use in the presentation layer of our WinRT project. And I m testing the syncFusion DataGrid.
I faced a problem in your SfDataGrid:
for one of my screens, I have to display a List of 1000 rows with 45 columns. the problem is that your SfDataGrid dont display some columns Data.
I test with 10 columns, that works great, but with our 45 columns we have issues in displaying some columns randomly.
I dont find any example that uses this number of columns with your DataGrid.
Is that an issue with SfDataGrid?

Thanks.

5 Replies

SV Srinivasan Vasu Syncfusion Team June 13, 2016 07:00 AM UTC

Hi Okba, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your query and we have prepared a sample as per your scenario. In the sample, we have used 45 columns and 1000 rows in SfDataGrid and the reported issue is working fine in our side. We have attached the tested sample and please revert the modified sample based on your application with the replication procedure. 

Note: In SfDataGrid, it is not possible to give same MappingName for two or more columns.  

Sample Location: Column_Types 

Regards, 

Srinivasan 

OH Okba Hosni June 13, 2016 10:16 AM UTC

Hi SyncFusion team,
Thaks for responding.

In my DataGrid, I have to define styles for rows, cells and header. I defined them, and I defined also the background and the foregroud of the Grid.

Attached your example with my modifications on the DataGrid styles. You can reproduce the issue when scrolling horizontally. The issue is clearer when using type string for data instead of double. You can even reproduce the issue with 100 rows and 30 columns. When you have to scroll horizontally, you can see that some data dont display correctly.

Did I miss something? Can I define a style for the column instead of defining it for cells which, in my point of view, make this issue?

Thank you

Attachment: Column_Types_406d0419.zip

SV Srinivasan Vasu Syncfusion Team June 14, 2016 03:15 PM UTC

Hi Okba, 

We have checked the provided sample with double data and also string data. While horizontal scrolling, all data display correctly in SfDataGrid. For your reference we have attached tested video file. 

Video Link: Testing 

If we went wrong, please share the exact replication procedure to replicate the issue. It will be helpful for us to provide appropriate solution. 
Regards,
Srinivasan 

OH Okba Hosni June 14, 2016 03:35 PM UTC

Hi SyncFusion Team,

Thanks for the response.

I saw the video, it works great, but you tested that on Windows 10. That works also for me on Windows 10.
The application that we are developping is developed on Windows 8.1 and will be used on Windows 8.1 also.
The problem persist and it's worse when I add other setter properties to the defined style of syncfusion:GridCell.

Best Regards,

SV Srinivasan Vasu Syncfusion Team June 16, 2016 03:55 AM UTC

Hi Okba,

We considered this “ForeGround is not updated properly on reusing columns in SfDataGrid
as an issue and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,

Srinivasan

SIGN IN To post a reply.
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon