We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cancel ejDropDownList change event

I am trying to cancel the change event of the ejDropDownList so that the previously selected option remains selected.  The scenario for this is when validation a form field on dropdown selection change, if validation fails then the original option should remain selected.

I have tried using the change and select events, setting the args.cancel = true; but this does not work, the option still changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 Replies

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team June 13, 2016 08:43 AM UTC

Hi Grant,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support    

Currently, we don’t have support to cancel the selected item in select event. This is known issue “Cancel the selected value through select event” in our side. Now, we have fixed this issue internally and it will be included in our upcoming Vol2 2016 release which is scheduled in the mid of this month (June, 2016).   

Please let me know if you have any other concern.   

Regards,   
Keerthana  

GC GW Consultancy June 13, 2016 03:13 PM UTC

Thanks for the response.

Looking forward to seeing the upcoming release.

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team June 14, 2016 04:18 AM UTC

Hi Grant, 

Thanks for your update . We will intimate once the Volume2 2016 has been rolled out 

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team June 24, 2016 09:02 AM UTC

Hi Grant,  

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2016 Volume 2 Release v14.2.0.26 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.  

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. Also, the reported issue “cancel the selected item in select event.” has been fixed in this Vol 2 2016 release.   

Regards  
Keerthana.  

GC GW Consultancy July 4, 2016 08:59 AM UTC

Thanks Keerthana, perfect, this works exactly how I needed it too.

Great job!

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team July 5, 2016 03:59 AM UTC

Hi Grantt, 

Thank you for your update. Please get back to us if you have further queries. We will be happy to assist you 

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon