We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

On tap show drop down

Hi Iam trying to show drop down when user tap on control because right now it only shows list when user enter at least one character which is quit confusing for end users.

Thanks 

13 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team June 13, 2016 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Atif,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Currently AutoComplete doesn't have a support to display the suggestion box while tapping on that. We have considered this as feature. This implementation will be available in any of our upcoming release. You may also check our website periodically to know about our release.

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R

JH Joseph Hanna July 27, 2016 02:39 AM UTC

I am trying to do the same thing (although on Xamarin.iOS but this forum is the only one talking about this feature).  I figured a workaround (on iOS) would be to wire up the "EditingDidBegin" event and then simply set the "IsSuggestionOpen = true".

Problem is, I can't get the field to fire EditingDidBegin - neither on SFAutoComplete nor on SFAutoComplete.TextField.

JH Joseph Hanna July 27, 2016 02:54 AM UTC

On second thought...  The property MinimumPrefixCharacters should do the job when it is set to zero.  At the moment, it does nothing, but setting it to zero should logically make the dropdown appear whenever the field has focus, despite the number of characters in the field.

PK Pavendhan Kumar Syncfusion Team July 27, 2016 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Atif,

Currently AutoComplete doesn’t have support to display suggestion list when the MinimumPrefixCharater is set to 0. We have considered this as a feature and it will be available in our upcoming Volume 3 release which is expected to be rolled out by the end of September 2016.

Regards,
Pavendhan K.

AK Anton Kalis October 6, 2016 12:00 AM UTC

Is Volume three released yet?

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team October 6, 2016 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Atif,

Thanks for your update.

Query: Is Volume three released yet?

Yes. Essential Studio Volume 3, 2016 (Version 14.3.0.49) is rolled out.

We deeply regret for this inconvenience .The requested feature "Display suggestion list when the MinimumPrefixCharater is set to 0 “ is not included in our Volume 3 release due to some stability issues. This feature will be available in our upcoming Volume 3 service pack 1 release which is expected to be rolled out by the end of October 2016.

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R.

SI Steve Ingels November 2, 2016 12:13 PM UTC

Any update on when this feature will be out?

Thanks,
Steve

JH Joseph Hanna November 2, 2016 12:15 PM UTC

@Steve,

The service pack has been released but I haven't tested whether the feature is included.  I will get to that in a couple of days and report back (unless you can get to it earlier).

Joe

SI Steve Ingels November 2, 2016 05:39 PM UTC

What service pack? I'm running 14.3.0.52.

Thanks,
Steve

JH Joseph Hanna November 3, 2016 02:52 AM UTC

Hi @Steve,

14.3.0.52 *is* the service pack.  It is listed as such on download page from your account:  https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/downloads

Joe

PK Pavendhan Kumar Syncfusion Team November 3, 2016 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your update.

Query: On tap to show DropDown

We have implemented a property called "ShowDropDownOnFocus" and which is shows the dropdown menu while focusing the AutoComplete field. And we have implemented a sample project to demonstrate the behaviour. Please download the sample from the below link.

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/124444/ze/AutoShowSuggestion-57807901 

Please let us know the given sample resolves your doubt.

Regards,
Pavendhan K. 

JH Joseph Hanna February 11, 2017 09:22 PM UTC

Works perfectly for me in 14.4.0.20.

Thank you!

PK Pavendhan Kumar Syncfusion Team February 13, 2017 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Joseph, 
Thank you for your update. Please feel free contact us if any other assistance needed. 
Regards, 
Pavendhan K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon