We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Two browse buttons on the web page

Hello,

I have a strange issue when I try to use the Uploadbox control on an ASP.NET website. During design, the button is shown on the page within Visual Studio (2015) correctly - as a single button. However, when I view the page in the browser, two buttons are shown (see the attached file). The top button does not do anything at all, while the lower button opens the File selection dialog as expected.

All settings of the Uploadbox control are kept at their defaults.

What can be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Attachment: 09062016_132626_d5dc13f.zip

3 Replies

KC Kasithangam C Syncfusion Team June 10, 2016 09:08 AM UTC

Hi Lasse,   

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.   

The root cause of the issue “Two buttons are shown in uploadbox. The top button does not do anything at all, while the lower button opens the File selection dialog as expected.” is syncfusion theme files doesn’t loaded properly in your sample. When you access the design page of uplaodbox control, it will include our necessary script and css files as embedded resource from the EJ.Web assembly itself by adding the following key in web.config file. So, please ensure that the themes are set as true which is included in web.config file.   

<code>   
<appSettings>   
    <add key="LoadEJResourcesFromAssembly" value="true" />   
    <add key="EJResources" value="jsrender:true;jqueryeasing:true;globalize:true;themes:true;" />   
  </appSettings>   
</code>   
If you are going to refer scripts and CSS externally, refer the necessary scripts and CSS files in Site.Master page and set false to theLoadEJResourcesFromAssembly $ EJResources” key which is in the web.config fileit will skip the scripts and CSS files reference from assembly.    

<code>   
<appSettings>   
    <add key="LoadEJResourcesFromAssembly" value="false" />    
    <add key="EJResources" value="jsrender:false;jqueryeasing:false;globalize:false;themes:false;" />   
  </appSettings>   
 </code>   

Also, we have prepared the simple sample to render the UploadBox component and it is available from the following location:   

Sample: Sample 

We have showcased the getting started to render our component by using embedded resource in the specified UG Documentation link,   

Can you please check the above sample? If still you face the problem, please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This would be helpful for us to serve you.   

Please let us know if you have further query.

Regards,
Kasithangam

LH L. Hummel June 10, 2016 08:02 PM UTC

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I looked at your suggestion and can see that the configurations in my website are as you specify. I tried to open your sample project with VS 2013 and VS 2015, but never managed to get it open properly in a browser; it would not compile and complained about several classes it could not find. For example "Microsoft.AspNet.Membership", "System.Web.Providers", etc. I checked all the libraries in question again, downloaded and installed latest versions, removed and re-added the references to them - to no avail. So it has not been possible for me to run the sample website at all.

Best regard,

L. Hummel

KC Kasithangam C Syncfusion Team June 13, 2016 08:53 AM UTC

Hi Lasse,   

The issue “it would not compile and complained about several classes it could not find. For example "Microsoft.AspNet.Membership", "System.Web.Providers", etc.” occur because Microsoft libraries doesn’t loaded properly when run the sample in your side. To resolve this issue, please install the missing package through package manager console under Tools option in visual studio.   

For your references, please check the below link:   

Also, you can create sample application through sample creator in dashboard location. Open essential studio dashboard, on the left side of the dashboard choose the ASP.NET platform.    

Now, on the right side choose the option “Sample Creator” as shown in the image,   

Using this sample creator, you can create “uploadbox” component.   

We have showcased the getting started to render our component in the specified UG Documentation link,   

We have prepared simple webapplication project (runnable project) to render uploadbox component and it is available in the following link: 

Sample: Sample 

Could you please check the above sample? If still you face the same problem, could you please share the sample to reproduce this issue? This would be of great help in resolving the issue in our side.   
Please let us know if you have further queries.   
Regards, 
Kasithangam 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon