We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Grouping Control checkbox row selector

Hello!

I am trying to create a databound grid, with a checkbox row selector.
So far I tried some of the examples found on the forums, but neither of those suited my needs. I managed to add a checkbox column, but failed to add and freeze the column as the first column in the grid, and I've got two questions:
  1. Is there a way to manually add a column (be it by VS designer, or programmaticaly) to the grid grouping control, and automaticaly creating the rest of the columns from the assigned datasource (when I bind the datasource and don't add the first column manually, the columns are generated correctly) ?
  2. Is there any kind of build-in row selector based on checkboxes, or should I create a column (bound or unboud field) with a CellType="CheckBox" and manually program it to achieve the goal ?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

3 Replies

AK Adhikesevan Kothandaraman Syncfusion Team June 8, 2016 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Tomasz, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

Is there a way to manually add a column (be it by VS designer, or programmaticaly) to the grid grouping control, and automaticaly creating the rest of the columns from the assigned datasource (when I bind the datasource and don't add the first column manually, the columns are generated correctly) ? 

If you want to add the unbound columns to the GridGroupingControl, please refer to the following KB document. It will shows how to add the unbound checkbox column at the runtime to the GridGroupingControl, 

KB: 

Is there any kind of build-in row selector based on checkboxes, or should I create a column (bound or unboud field) with a CellType="CheckBox" and manually program it to achieve the goal ? 

There is no default support for selecting a row based on the CheckBox value of the particular field. If you want to select the record based on the checkbox value, you can use the customization discussed in the following KB document,  

KB: 

Regards, 
Adhi 

TO Tomasz June 9, 2016 06:12 PM UTC

Thank you!
This works well for me! :)

AK Adhikesevan Kothandaraman Syncfusion Team June 10, 2016 04:42 AM UTC

Hi Thomas, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are glad to know that your reported query has been solved. Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Adhi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon