We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Enquiry

Good Day.
I was browsing through your controls to see if I was able to find anything to help me with the current problem I am facing at the moment.

I'm assigning this to the first control(mandatory)  as it is a bit more of a back end problem I have, although It is being with an asp.net application (Could be any platform really)

So first thing is I might just be blind or looking in the wrong sections so if you would be able to point me there that would be great.

Secondly what I would like to accomplish.

I am in need to access a .pst/ost (any mail database file) from my code (The file will be in active use by a mail client on the hosting machine). I need to access this file as it theoretically a lot faster than accessing the mail server for a few mail accounts on an timed loop (5 -10 mins) thus the idea came to mind to rather setup a mail client on the machine and access the mail database file instead.
I have read up on a few services which can provide me with the functionality I am looking for, but not entirely the way I would like it though. ( I have also considered using the COM Outlook class or Interop.outlook as wel ( Not Ideal as MS Outlook might not always be the installed mail client( Ok probably never)), also took a look at fairport and PST File Format SDK(just uses fairpot) on Github and Codeplex respectively and not really helping in the direction I'm trying to go).
So to boil it all down. Does Syncfusion currently have Functionality to access .pst/.ost (mail database files)?
If so I would greatly appreciate it if you would be able to provide me with the link to where it might be.
If not any suggestions other than the ones listed above to anything anyone in the team might have used before that would be able to work for me would also help a whole lot.
Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

DT Dhivyalakshmi Thirumurugan Syncfusion Team June 7, 2016 08:32 AM UTC

Hi Adriaan, 

We would like to inform you that we don’t have this support in Outlook PST currently and so have logged feature report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates 

Please let me know if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Dhivyalakshmi. 

PM Peter Metz September 13, 2016 11:40 AM UTC

Hi, we have same need. Today in the EmailParser solution I'm accessing Outlook pst file with Interop.outlook. But this is tricky since we have not everywhere same Outlook version.
Please update me if there will be a component to make developer's life more easy :-)
Thanks

PE Priyanga Elangovan Syncfusion Team September 14, 2016 04:11 PM UTC

Hi Adriaan,

Currently, we do not have any immediate plan to implement this feature in Outlook PST. We will let you know once the feature has been implemented. A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates 

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Priyanga.E

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon