We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sum of labels in Stacking Chart

I am using Stacking Chart to represent a set of values in different period of time. Each column is a set of stacked values.

What I would like to have is a label on the top of each column with the sum of values in the stacked column.

How could I do it? Is there any settings to handle this behaviour

Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Alicia Serrano

4 Replies

SK Saravana Kumar Kanagavel Syncfusion Team June 1, 2016 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Alicia, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 
We have analyzed your query and created sample based on your requirement .This can be achieved by using “DisplayTextRendering” event. 

Please follow the code example below 

[CSHTML] 
@(Html.EJ().Chart("container") 
   .DisplayTextRendering("sumofLabels") 
) 

[JS] 
function sumofLabels(sender)   //Display text rendering event triggered 
    { 
            var value=0; 
            for (var i = 0; i < sender.model.series.length; i++) 
            { 

value += sender.model.series[i].points[sender.data.pointIndex].y; 
            } 
            sender.data.text = "Sum:"+ value;                   
    } 

In the above code, we are triggering “DisplayTextRendering” event. In the event, we have added the point of Y-values for each column series and that sum of value is assigned to the data label text. 

We have also made a sample for your reference and attached in the below location. 

Please find the output of the sample below 

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Saravana Kumar K 

AS Alicia Serrano June 1, 2016 07:01 AM UTC

Hi Saravana,

Thank you very much for your answer. That is exactly what I want.

Regards,
Alicia Serrano

AS Alicia Serrano June 1, 2016 09:13 AM UTC

Hi Saravana

I found a new problem. When you have in the last set of points, some of them with value '0', the label is going to the bottom. Then,... to set the visibility of Marker is not that easy. It could set the visibility of each point to false or true depend on value of next point in next serie. But.... is too messy, don't think so?

Is there other way to do it??

Regards,
Alicia Serrano

SK Saravana Kumar Kanagavel Syncfusion Team June 1, 2016 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Alicia, 

Sorry for inconvenience caused.  
We have analyzed your query and consider this is an issue. So we have logged an issue report for this and working on it. For more details regarding this, kindly follow up the incident which we have created under your account. 

Please let us know if you have concern. 

Regards, 
Saravana Kumar K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon