We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can Filter column but cannot sort

I have both Filtering and Sorting enabled on the same column.

I can filter the results however Sorting results in an error as the field 'From' is not featured within the original datasource.

Why is it that the grid is capable of filtering without the original datasource, i.e using its model but is not capable of sorting?

Can anyone advise how this thing is supposed to work?

3 Replies

BM Balaji Marimuthu Syncfusion Team June 1, 2016 07:20 AM UTC

Hi Duncan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We are not unclear about your requirement, so could you please share following information that will be helpful to provide you better solution at the earliest? 

1.     Code snippet or sample. 
2.     Scenario to reproduce the issue. 
3.     Are you perform filtering and Sorting to the Grid DataSource. 
4.     Error screenshot if any. 
5.     Are you using the UrlAdaptor in Grid? Share controller code snippet if use UrlAdaptor. 
6.     Please explain this query: “I can filter the results however Sorting results in an error as the field 'From' is not featured within the original datasource. Why is it that the grid is capable of filtering without the original datasource, i.e using its model but is not capable of sorting?” 
7.     Please explain how you are performing data operations such as filtering, sorting etc.? 

We have checked the issue but we were unable to reproduce the issue from our end. Refer to the sample in following link. 

Regards, 
Balaji Marimuthu 

DU duncan June 1, 2016 08:04 AM UTC

Thanks for your quick response, I've now resolved the issue, it was to do with the way I was handling the Sort on the server side. I was trying to apply the sort to my query instead of the generic list being returned to the client side JSON serialized.

Regards,

Duncan

BM Balaji Marimuthu Syncfusion Team June 2, 2016 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Duncan,  

Thanks for the update. 

We are happy that the issue is resolved. Please get back to use if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Balaji Marimuthu 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon