We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Issue with Accordion in ZeroOrMore Mode

Hi,

ZeroOrMore is the perfect mode for us, but when I close all the sections the entire Accordion disappears into a gray line and I can't reopen it.  This may be a problem with the enclosing ListView, but we were using that just fine until we tried to put the accordion inside.

I attached a sample...Just bring up the form and close the open sections to reproduce.

thanks!

Attachment: AccordionZeroToOne_2e7a07b2.zip

7 Replies

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team May 30, 2016 01:51 PM UTC

Hi Deanna,

We have analysed your sample. In this we found that DataContext is not set for InspectionItemListView ItemsSource. We have modified the updated sample, by setting DataContext. Please download the same from the below link.

Sample: Accordion

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

DD Deanna Delapasse May 30, 2016 03:02 PM UTC

Thanks for the quick reply!

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team May 31, 2016 05:24 AM UTC

Hi Deanna,

We are glad that your problem has been resolved.
Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,
Venkateshwaran V.R.

DD Deanna Delapasse May 31, 2016 05:08 PM UTC

Venkateshwaran,

Everytime I think I have it all sorted out I am wrong :-).   One more layout issue, can you please look at this sample and before you click "Click To Start" make the page very wide?  Note that the sections have 20 entries which are ALL seen when you expand a section.  Now make the page quite a bit taller than it is wide and expand a section.

Now only SOME items (0-12 in my case) are visible and I have to scroll the inner item to see the rest.  This only happens when I am using the DynamicRadioButton which is just a VariableSizedWrapGrid.  I have added Height="Auto" everywhere I can find, but not helping.

Can you recommend a fix so that when the section is expanded section height can show all 20 controls? 

Attachment: Accordion_8d12be69.zip

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team June 1, 2016 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Deanna,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support

We have checked the sample which you have provided in your last update.In that, height of the each items in the SfAccordionItem is approximately set to 30. So, totally the height for the SfAccordionItem is set to 600 as there are 20 items in SfAccordion. Hence we need to scroll the control to view the entire item. Could you please provide more information about the issue that you are actually facing? It would be helpful for us to proceed further on this.

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

DD Deanna Delapasse June 1, 2016 01:40 PM UTC

Hi,

I believe the problem is the Accordion is calculating the size of the VariableSizedWrapGrid (the radio button control) as though it is NOT wrapping.  When they wrap their height becomes 2*60, but the Accordion does not resize itself accordingly.

Open the app and open one section...make sure that the VariableSizedWrapGrid (radio button row) is wrapping.  Close that section and open another one.  You will see that the section height is insufficient. 

Please see in attached screenshot that the opened section is only tall enough to show Name0-Name12 (partially shown).  The user must scroll to see the next 7 which is not obvious.

Thanks for investigating this!
Deanna

Attachment: ScreenshotForSF_89dc50fa.zip

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team June 2, 2016 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Deanna,

We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Sugapriya.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon